• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Audigy class action suit complete, cash waiting for owners...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gnerma

It seems there was a class action against Creative regarding their bogus claims that the original Audigy could output 24/96. The suit happened in California but it appears like anybody in the US can file a claim.
  • All you need to file a claim is your card's serial number.
    [*]The reward is a 25% refund.
    [*]The deadline to submit is Sep. 22, 2005.
    [*]Audigy 1 only!
I'm not sure if this is off full retail, current market value or something else. $62.50 is the max they'll take the 25% off of though so the most anybody can get is $15.62. If it is off full retail this is a major cha-ching for Audigy owners since these cards are only worth about 25 USD used these days.

Sometimes I wonder how many class action lawsuits that I am not aware of involving products I own are going on at any one time. Anywhere here is the URL, good luck.

http://www.audiocardsettlement.com/

here is an Inq story about the settlement.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info G, I sold my Audigy to someone in the classifieds though... hopefully they'll get in on this :)

I'm not going to shutdown right this second to get the serial...

But what if I got my Audigy Gamer from a company that assembles PCs? (Alienware, to be speciific).

Do I need to show proof of purshase? Or is there a set rate at which they are refunding Audigy Gamers?

gravitywell said:
I'm not going to shutdown right this second to get the serial...

But what if I got my Audigy Gamer from a company that assembles PCs? (Alienware, to be speciific).

Do I need to show proof of purshase? Or is there a set rate at which they are refunding Audigy Gamers?
1. I don't see why not. It is worth a try regardless.
2. Answered in the first post.
3. Answered (to the best of my knowledge) in the first post.

Doh Audigy 2 here :( Man I had so many issues with this card, when it works its great but getting it to work thats another story. One reason why when considering to reinstall the system, I don't.

ColtIce said:
if you read the settlement it's only good for a 25% off certificate for goods bought new from creatives online store.you don't get a check but what basicly is a coupon.
So it seems. Sorry I didn't read the settlement more closely (said, at all) although, if you wanted to buy something like an Audigy 2 ZS platinum you might end up getting a nice discount since if I understand it correctly the 62.50 is the maximum discount with this "gift certificate".

Overall this settlement seems like more of a promotional advantage to Creative than disadvantage. Hell, they might even end up making money on it selling cards at suggested retail with modest discounts. Guess the lawyers win again :shrug:

Back