• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"Best" DDR2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
HA HA HA man everyone trashes him all the time but then again i have also seen reason for it...it just seems that everyone takes all of what he says wrong to heart...any way im not knocking him but...yeah

in any event i would apreciate his or anyones help in this.

iam not sure wots the best ram around, but my Kingmax 512x2 PC4300 ram have 4-4-4-12 @533MHz which is good for DDR2

Crucial and Mushkin are good DDR2. I have Kingston HyperRAM PC2-5400 that does really well too. But, if you want the tightest timings, then check out what Capt. Caveman said about the OCZ EB or PDP Patriot. A word of warning about the OCZ EB RAM if you plan on using it in an Abit mobo. You need the latest BIOS version 20 for it to work. The RAM won't work with the BIOS version the mobo has when it's shipped, so you need different RAM to flash the BIOS. My OCZ EB can do DDR2-600 using the 3-2-2-8 timings.

batboy said:
My OCZ EB can do DDR2-600 using the 3-2-2-8 timings.

That is excellent batboy, I cannot wait all I need is my CPU and I'll have my LGA rig up and running, I hope my OCZ EB can do the same.....

Don't know about the KVR, but the Kingston HyperX and Corsair XMS do quite well. They will overclock very high... I've had my KHX up to DDR2-800 with 4-4-4-12... and I've heard the Corsair will do about the same. But, RAM timings at high speed will not be tight on either (3-3-3-8 is about as good as they will get). With Intel quad pumped systems, they seem to do good with loose timings as long as you can crank the speed up.

Back