• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Beeping noise

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nygirl67

:bang head Can Someone please help i have the gnb max-fisher motherboard. My computer is always making a beeping noise like an alarm. It usually starts when i run a spyware remover program or antivirus. It seem like when i am not running the alarm will still go off ex. when i am on a specif web page. It seem like it is trying to tell me something is wrong. I cannot seem to figure out what the problem is. The noise is very loud and annoying. Please help

nygirl67 , what kind of board is a "gnb max-fisher motherboard" ? I have never heard of a MSI board by this name

With out any specific information on our system it would be really hard to pinpoint what your problem is . Please try and post your specs ( see my signature as an example ) . Make sure you tell us as much information as possible

Did this problem just start happening recently?

If I had to guess ,The noise you are hearing is probabaly your motherboard 's BIOS thermal alarm going off . Have you checked inside to see if your heat sink and fan are free from any dust or grunge?

Are you running any temp programs ?? that might have the temp setting set to low ?

Does the computer run fine otherwise ??

Let us know
Dave

Board: MICRO-STAR INTL, CO.,LTD. Granite Bay Ver2.0
Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 01/10/2003
3.15 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
512 Megabytes Installed Memory
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 Ultra [Display adapter]
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2

I have checked the computer for dust and it is ok. I had this problem for awhile. Then i got a virus and had to format my hard drive. Everything was fine there was no noise. I did system restore after every install. Then all of a sudden the beeping noise came back. I have no temp programs. But i do have a tower case that has a temp on the front . It dosen't seem to be connected. I had someone install my motherboard to the case and i installed the rest. I am very nervous doing anything to the bios and i do know there are updates for my bios but haven't installed them.

Download MotherBoard Monitor, it's free and works well. Tip: use the configuration wizard to pick your MB out of the 974(?) available before you run the program. You can also check the tech support section at MSI here. As a caution, it is not really easy to find anything. I seaeched for "granite" and found nothing. What model number are you using? Generally, beeping indicates a problem.

I to also seached all the forums and could not come up with this motherboard , I am at a loss :bang head

I agree with mortimer, beeping usually means something is wrong

I would go into the bois on start up and check the CPU temp as this would be my first guess

Dave

Back