• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DIY subwoofer building tutorial

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just finished building my enclosure for my 10" Dayton DVC and I don't really know how to get it so that the computer recognizes it. I have a SB Live! sound card, and I plugged the 3.5mm -> RCA cord into the black colored output on the card. Can anyone walk me through this? Thanks in advance.

Im not to sure, I normaly just run a stereo out into my Stereo Amp then run the speaker wires to the sub then from the sub to the speakers.
This is the way I like to run it

I must say that Ryan T's tutorial is great. I have been bulding and repairing speakers for years. (mosly as a hobby, but I have made some money at it)

Hear is a few pics of my personal sub. I gota run for now (gona be late for class) Will give more detals of how I bult this and specs if any one is intrested.

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 25,690
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 25,521
  • Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 25,303
  • Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 25,196
  • Picture 013.jpg
    Picture 013.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 25,293
Sound Systems & Audio Devices > DIY subwoofer building tutorial > Reply to Thread

hi :burn:

:santa2:I built my own home sub and speakers years ago....I always remember waiting eagerly for the parts express and MCM catalogs...oooh i used to dream of those focal drivers, well, until I bought them :santa2:

Hey guys. I just logged back in to see whats going on and was a bit embarrassed to find all my photos had gone to broken links. I'm working to restore everything the best i can using Picasas so they will stay up now.

Thanks,
Ryan

Ok guys, this is updated yet again. I had to recreate all the screen shots from winISD but this is on it's own flickr stream so hopefully nothing will happen to them this time!

haha, longtime no see.. It's definitely been a LONG time since I've been on here. I took a very long break from just about all my hobbies and just started picking back into audio over the past year. Think i'll be staying for good this time :).

Cool. I went the pre-built route for my home stereo, because I couldn't find any kits that could compete with what I got *cough* Legacy Focus SE with dual AMT tweeters *cough*.

Back