• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which P4 CPUs are 64bit ready?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There are some 1mb cache P4's that support EM64T. They are rare however. They're denoted with an F, i.e. 3.2F, 3.4F, etc.

Sentential said:
EMT64 is a function of the CPU and not the other components. Somone has already tested 64bit support on the i865PE/i875 chipsets and it works just fine. If your CPU supports EMT64 so does your PC.

Only CPUs from Intel that support EMT64 are the Prestonia Xeons (ie 3.2F) or the 6xx CPUs (ie N0 core)

Are you sure 5xxJ does not have EMT64??

goden99 said:
Are you sure 5xxJ does not have EMT64??
It's as clear as mud right HERE ;) which do and dont for 775 package.
how ever on THIS PAGE you can find some S spec codes that are EMT64 enabled, but not listed on above page. dunno if they are mistakes, or just rare possible OEM CPU's but are listed as EMT64 enabled.

Sentential said:
Pretty sure those are Pentium4-M parts
Pentium M CPU's use the 7XX series to identify, and pentium4 M series do not have a 3 letter designation that i'm aware of as they are before the new numbering system.

The 6xx series and the Xeons have it.

The 5x1 cpu's will have it, but they are not out yet.

5x0 processors DO NOT have the 64-bit extensions.. well at the very least they are not turned on.

Sentential said:
Pretty sure those are Pentium4-M parts

They are due to be released in Q2. They are desktop processors, identical to the 5x0 J processors, except they have the 64-bit extensions enabled.

i have a prescott 521j lol, so it has the "1" and the "J" suffix. When I run cpu-z, in the features box it has:

"MMX, SSE, SSE2,SSE3,HTT, EM64T (off)"

this tells ME that it is EM64T capable, but it is turned off.... ????? opinions????

Last edited:
Back