• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

g skill

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
rseven said:
I believe the M2 sockets will run with DDR2. You may want to be sure of your upgrade path before you sink money into ram. It is also my understanding that there will be dual core 939's so that may be the route you wamt to travel.

That is correct...when the M2's come out...they will be DDR2 and dual core setups...so you will be in the same boat as the rest of us 939 users when the M2 comes out...pretty much all new hardware for a CPU upgrade...

If you can wait...then you should concider waiting until the M2 actually comes out...the 754's can be just as strong as a 939 in gaming without the extra bandwidth...the extra 512MB L2 cache can easily make up for the bandwidth lost in DC...

so lc's have so tight timings and so latancy at 220 think somebody could get it higher with the same timings? probly just need more power

wait nvm he hit 230 at 3.3 he could go higher but i'm think he knows that and there isn't any more proformance he can get outta it

Wakeboardin_411 said:
wait nvm he hit 230 at 3.3 he could go higher but i'm think he knows that and there isn't any more proformance he can get outta it

230 is pretty much as high as I can get the LC's running 2-2-2...with another motherboard they might go higher...but this NEO2 starts to have stability issues when running the booster past 3.4v...

Now before I got the booster...213 or so was the highest they would run at 2-2-2 timings...which is pretty normal for TCCD's at 2-2-2 timings...

well im stuck with 512 ram right now.. i need some kinda **** to get me into a gig.. cause alot of ppl say now days taht helps alot with games

i understand that the m2 comes with ddr2.. i was asking if it would perhaps do agp... but i guess they mostlikely will not.. because they think pci e is sooooo much better when it really dont make a **** differance.. imo

well it was upgrading all that to a 939 venice and getting a pci e and **** after i got this memory.. or maybe just getting a 1.4 mobile and seeing if i can get a lil more to hold me over till the socket m2 and having to upgrade all 4.. graphics, memory, cpu, and motherboard... being that i run on my 9800 xt till the end of the year :-x

DA-aaang bros! This mem is freakin' killer! I just bumped it to 310 htt and benched it! wOOOOt! I have never been to 310 before...... :clap: :clap:

Gskill is the bomb!

Attachments

• 310 Htt.JPG
    310 Htt.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 135
Krag, quit bragging! LOL (Do you pick up a little jealous tone there? :))
8K bandwidth! Heck, there ought to be a law! :p

rseven said:
Krag, quit bragging! LOL (Do you pick up a little jealous tone there? :))
8K bandwidth! Heck, there ought to be a law! :p

You think thats braggin" here is a new record for kraggy....320mhz!!!

I had to bump the voltage to 3.4v to make it happen though...all the othe benchies are at 2.9v

Attachments

• 320 htt.JPG
    320 htt.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 128
The key thing is...how stable are those settings?

And have you tried to see how high they will go at 2-2-2 settings?

My opinion:
Gskill RAM, ocs really nicely, and is stable, and it is able to take some voltage, tough ram.
Its pretty fast, and its cheap. thats my opinion.

Back