• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sata problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jenko

Installed my first sata drive today i have formated it and it apears to work fine, but every time i boot up get this message twice.
And this is what i have in device manager aswell.
I have read the sticky but im still stuck.

Attachments

• sata.JPG
    sata.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 101
  • Sata prob.JPG
    Sata prob.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 86
Do you have the drivers installed for the SATA controller? Although it does work... so Im not sure why its spitting errors.

Usually if you have errors, it is when installing windows since you need the 3rd party drivers in the first place while installing with a sata drive.m But splitting errors like that is curious.

Do you know what drive model it is?

Its the seagate 160GB 150 st3160827as im using a p4p800 se mobo using the sata port 1 directly on the motherboard, ich5r southbridge.
I dont have any sata controllers installed theres none on the asus mobo cd-rom just via raid controller which wont install.
I have no idea which sata controller to install?

Xaotic said:
The Intel chipset utility for the board should have the interface drivers. It's located here:

http://www.asus.com.tw/support/down...=15&l3_id=19&m_id=2&f_name=iaa35r.zip~zaqwedc

Thanks but it wont install because i dont have intel 82801er I/O controller hub installed.
My ide controllers use 82801eb, this is getting me proper confused shame i didnt have a spare ide connection for another ata 133.
sandra is giving me a 50mb drive index which seems ok?

Edit- now i cannot install any versions of intels chipset drivers it stops at 10% and resets my ethernet connection i cant help but laff dam sata.
i feel format c: coming soon.

Last edited:
The chipset uses a unified IAA build and should work on that board. The STR is fine, but I'd suspect other issues with the board. I'd send an email to Asus's support as the board may need to be RMA'd.

Good old format and fresh install comes to rescue!!!
Thanks guys!

I am glad that it is finally working. What can't a reformat solve with windows. :D I have an Intel board with the same drive except mine is a st3160822as instead of the st3160827as and worked the first time as long as I had the correct sata driver.

Yet another reason I enjoy Linux more.

Spoke to soon for some reason the drive will only run in udma mode5 i have tried setting udma mode6 in the bios but it still goes to mode5.
Im using the sata cable that came with my asus mobo that wont be a problem?

Back