• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So, MxO?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PhoenixMDM

Piano Man
I know that a couple people mentioned that they had pre-ordered Matrix Online. It's been a few days since the public launch, and I noticed a distinct lack of mention one way or the other...

I'm guessing that since there's not much talking about it, there's not that much to talk about. Peope have "OMG I JUST PLAYED WOW OMG LOLZ!!!11!!!one" posts, which at least shows the initial impression of the game is good. None of that for MxO.

Then again, it could be because everyone is just too absorbed in it to get out. But I doubt that...

pwnage, that rules oni

well i honestly think the idea is great, but i have absolutly no hands on with it (beta wise) and i dont have a beefy enough comp right now to check it out when it comes out, (is it out?) so i will check it out, but the only problem i have with MMORPG's is that it seems that they just evolve into one massive glorified chat room, but thats just me, and from only playing alot of EQ back in the day, lol

so i might be willing to try it all out again

where are screenshots for this, i guess i could google for them, but wheres the fun in that . id consider thinking about buying it , if it doesnt look all cartoonish like WoW.

I am strongly considering ordering Guild Wars as I played one of the free weekends and liked it .

Oni - thats money. good stuff right there.

ive heard combat was pretty fun in the game. Im also waiting for some reviews, but i might just pick it up after i get payd on tuesday :)

What do you guys what to know about it? I'm a huge fan, very few people seem to be playing it on Xfire but it has a large following & even a radio station Lmao. Screenshots are here, I posted a few up from beta.

http://home.comcast.net/~loudspeakermusic/mxo.html

Anyone looking for help or to get into the game get a hold of me on Xfire, I am in a really cool Faction & I will invite anyone from OCForums in my crew if you stay with the game & work for ZION. You need a Faction in this game, otherwise you are going to be screwed once the servers turn Hostile.

By the way, make sure you create your character on ENUMERATOR SERVER. Every single person & there brother registered on Method today & it is filled with tons of new people & high load. Just a tip

I played the beta and the quest development, and faction selection seemed cool, so did the combat, the only gripe i had was that it was a beta so it was buggy.

Yeah I won't disagree on that, there are bugs. Most Massive Multiplayer Games are much worse. The devs are very responsive over complaints or issues, so I'm happy so far. Game doesn't crash all the time for me anymore. It happens on rare occasion, but oh well.

No, not at all. You need a faction to survive, eventually it will become that. You all get even XP on missions, form up a team & go at it.

then my next question, are teams hard to make? for example in FFXI it could take awhile to get the right classes and finially go hunting

Nope, it isn't. You can find anyone to help form up a team to run missions, fight gangs, etc. You can do so with any person you find.

Faction - Consist of Main members, once you hi 16 Rep for your Organization "Zion, Machines, or Merovingian" you yourself can create a crew. By making a crew you can create more people which in hand builds up the faction even more.

Back