• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Board won't boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gustav

First off, here are my system specs:

P4C800-E DLX Mobo
P4 3.0E @ 3.8GHz
1GB (2x512) Mushkin PC3500 ram
9800 Pro 128MB
Antec True480
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
1 Raptor 74GB hdd, 1 160GB Seagate 7200rpm hdd, 1 40GB Seagate 5400rpm hdd
Nec 2510 DVD Burner, Samsung DVD Rom
Sony Floppy

Ok so heres the problem. For a long time I've been having random reboots and I couldn't figure out why, so I delt with it. Recently I thought it might be a hdd issue so I was going to write zeros to them all and reformat them and then reinstall Windows XP to the Raptor. However now I think it may have been a mobo issue all along. Last night it did the reboot thing and it wouldn't post, so I shut the power off, unplugged the power cord and hit the power button. Then I plugged in the power cord again and started it up. It did this a couple times and then it was fine. Today I installed a WD 7200rpm 250GB hdd and started it up. Started up fine and I went to format it so I could begin using it. It froze in the middle of it and so I hit the restart button, it wouldn't post. So I did what I did before and it started up fine. It froze a couple more times and now it won't post at all, no matter what I do. I've cleared the CMOS and still nothing. I removed power from all drives accept for the raptor and it posted and I got into the bios but then it froze. I removed power from all drives but the raptor and removed one ram stick at a time, nothing. I removed both, nothing. I think the mobo is dead. Are there any other possibilities? Even if the cpu was dead, it would boot up and tell me there is no processor, correct? This comes at a bad time too, I have spring break this upcoming week and don't have the money to replace the board.

Back