• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help With Laptop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

01jay10

I have a laptop Dell Latitude 100L that someone gave me, the problem with it is that when i turn it on it boots up, it shows windows xp loading the screen just goes blank, i can hear the windows start up sound though. i tried pushing the function key and F7 still nothing happens. What could be the problem and how do i fix it ?
THanks for the help in advance.

could be overheating. did that person ever take it apart or anything? you could also try reinstalling winxp on it and see if that works

no he never took it apart. its pretty much brand new. it was working fine yesterday.

just try hooking it to a external monitor and see weither the dislplay coming to that. If that coming to the external monitor and not the lcd that means it's probably problem witht elcd unit itself or the fl inverter circuit.
P.S. : is it u can't see anything inteh screen or very barely u can see it?

yeah, i tried hooking it to an external monitor and the screen is still blank. Their is also windows 2000 on the laptop , when i boot into there it works fine. I tried to boot into safe mode and all i get is a blue screen with some errors.

Or else try to run the recovery off the XP disk if you've got a disk. When you ran the monitor did you push Fn and F2 or whatever your key combonation is to activate the video output? For a real hardware check download Arkaine's technomancer disk OS and try that.

Back