• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's a good case with a removable motherboard tray?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stvwndr219e

I'm looking for a new case, as my old one was a really crappy 5 dollar piece of... yea. I was wondering if you guys could give me some advice on a case with a removable motherboard tray with a blowhole on top or 120 mm fan mounts.... i'm looking for stuff within 50-80 bux, but feel free to offer others... i'm open to suggestions.

Thanks.

Hate to burst you're bubble, but it's going to hard to find a good aluminum case with a motherboard tray in your price range. Nonetheless, there are a number of good cases such as the Lian Li PC65-B and a Coolermaster Wavemaster/Praetorian.

deception``

could u guys just list some company's that make cases with removable motherboard trays? aluminum or non, it doesn't really matter. Thanks.

my Antec has a removable tray, and the Lian Li pc-65B is not a bad case, has quite a few fan slots and aluminum, dunno if it has a blower on top or not though, and its just out of your price range unless you can find it for cheap, thats the case im getting next, i think, i`m really big on removable mobo trays. Some don't say they are when they actually are, just to keep in mind.

N3buchan3zzar said:
This may be the cheapest case w/ a removable tray but it's not junk.

Oh yeah!! That case is awesome. Only $16.15 w/coupon (+ shipping).
Great price for a server sized case with removable Mobo tray.

** http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=361556 **

Not good airflow stock but makes an excellent base for a modding project = extremely sturdy.
Bought three of them myself. :attn:

Last edited:
I have the Aspire X-Dreamer 2. I paid about 80 for mine, but Newegg has them for about 55. They have a side window, 80mm blowhole on the top w/ a fan, an 80mm fan on the side window, a spot for a 120mm or 80mm on the back, room for two 80mm fans in the front, and of course, a removable mobo tray. It's not a bad case as long as you replace the psu that it comes with and don't mind the LEDs (or you could unplug them).

no clue which antec case it is, its sooo old, back in the day when 300W PSUs were the biggest they had...got it from my cousin for free though

Shootingblanks said:
KINGWIN Black Aluminum 10-Bay Mid-Tower Case with a Large Side Window, Model "KT-424-BK-WM"

Totally!! I have 2 of these windowed cases and they are great!! Tons of room and easy to work in... Filters, front USB 2.0/firewire/2 80mm intake/1 80mm exhaust (can be modded to fit 2 though :cool: )/mod your own blowholes up top..., 4 5.25 bays, 2 3.5 bays, 4 hd bays, cool hd screws w/rubber silencers. Thumb screws galore!! :thup:

Top quality case for the $$ :santa: :santa:

How'd you cut out holes in the window w/out cracking it?

How's the removable mobo tray in that KINGWIN ... j/k ;)
But the heading did say they wanted a case with a removable tray.

> "How'd you cut out holes in the window w/out cracking it?" <

What kind of tools do you have access too?

SlipViper said:
Totally!! I have 2 of these windowed cases and they are great!! Tons of room and easy to work in... Filters, front USB 2.0/firewire/2 80mm intake/1 80mm exhaust (can be modded to fit 2 though :cool: )/mod your own blowholes up top..., 4 5.25 bays, 2 3.5 bays, 4 hd bays, cool hd screws w/rubber silencers. Thumb screws galore!! :thup:

Top quality case for the $$ :santa: :santa:

How'd you cut out holes in the window w/out cracking it?

tape it up 1st, use hole cutter in reverse.

Back