• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which software video player do you use on your PC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What software video player do you use to watch video on your PC?

• BSPlayer

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • MPC (Media Player Classic)

Votes: 26 14.6%
  • MPlayer (Linux)

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • Radlight

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RealPlayer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VLC (Video Lan Client)

Votes: 26 14.6%
  • Winamp

Votes: 28 15.7%
  • Windows Media Player (any version! 6.4 is not special!)

Votes: 68 38.2%
  • Zoom Player

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Other (core, Xine, DivX, MPlayer Win etc. please post)

Votes: 18 10.1%

• Total voters
Gnerma said:
All the players on the list are either free or have a (mostly) full featured free version.

*ducks* sorry bout that.

ahh, then my previous statement is a nice indicator for how little I know about video players ;).
I guess I'll just try one of the other ones if they're free - I won't try realplayer because I don't like how it takes over your system :).

my sig has a thread with all the free dvd players add some to the list if you know more.

thx.

Wow, I'm surprised only two have voted for zoom player. Guess not many here do playback on a TV? ZP is really the best standalone TV output with remote video player. I have it playback all video eventhough I use Meedio.

I guess I am the third for Zoomplayer. I think it's the best quality and most flexible player out there. ZP rocks

I use VLC, Media Player Classic, and WMP9 mainly.

Also for Windows Media Player you say "any version, 6.4 isn't special" but Media Player Classic is still an option, they are the same thing.

funnyperson1 said:
I use VLC, Media Player Classic, and WMP9 mainly.

Also for Windows Media Player you say "any version, 6.4 isn't special" but Media Player Classic is still an option, they are the same thing.

WMP 6.4 and MPC are far from the same thing. MPC is more powerful and robust than WMP 6.4, and only looks like WMP. Probably because the WMP 6.4 interface is very simple and effective.

MonroeM said:
WMP 6.4 and MPC are far from the same thing. MPC is more powerful and robust than WMP 6.4, and only looks like WMP. Probably because the WMP 6.4 interface is very simple and effective.
And unless MS released the source code for WMP 6.4 (which I really doubt, not sure though), the code is completely different under the hood.

My bad, I always just assumed that someone had continued development of the 6.4 series, and never even considered that MS would probably never release the source code.

i use divx, unless it does'nt support some files. in which case i use windows media. prefer divx though.

Just a bit of info for those looking to drop the bloated WMP10, RealPlayer, and QuickTime, K-Lite Media Codec Pack is a good step. The "Mega Pack" bundles BSPlayer, Media Player Classic, Real Time Alternative and QuickTime Alternative (the alternatives let you play RealMedia and MOV files via MPC). It also incorporates many codecs that would take much time to find and hunt down on their own.

Nice bit of software there, just search Google.

I said wmp, cause that is what I use almost exclusively, but also:
quicktime
divx 2.1 alpha
realplayer

MonroeM said:
Just a bit of info for those looking to drop the bloated WMP10, RealPlayer, and QuickTime, K-Lite Media Codec Pack is a good step. The "Mega Pack" bundles BSPlayer, Media Player Classic, Real Time Alternative and QuickTime Alternative (the alternatives let you play RealMedia and MOV files via MPC). It also incorporates many codecs that would take much time to find and hunt down on their own.

Nice bit of software there, just search Google.

What is a good site to download from?, I usually use the defiler pak ver 1.19 but it can't play some very rare files

Back