• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which software video player do you use on your PC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What software video player do you use to watch video on your PC?

• BSPlayer

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • MPC (Media Player Classic)

Votes: 26 14.6%
  • MPlayer (Linux)

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • Radlight

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RealPlayer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VLC (Video Lan Client)

Votes: 26 14.6%
  • Winamp

Votes: 28 15.7%
  • Windows Media Player (any version! 6.4 is not special!)

Votes: 68 38.2%
  • Zoom Player

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Other (core, Xine, DivX, MPlayer Win etc. please post)

Votes: 18 10.1%

• Total voters
i use winamp for music... wmp9 for movies.. sometimes divx... and real player for some stuff too

JigPu said:
Winamp is good for music, but I don't really like it's movie interface much. My favorite for VIDEO would have to be DivX Player. My only problem with it is that it won't let you seek within a file that is incomplete (you're forced to play it from the begining :().

After that would probably be *dons flame-and-tomato-proof suit(s)* RealPlayer. The latest version is a LOT less annoying than prior versions, and the options to turn everything off aren't all hidden away in zillions of submenus. If it wern't so heavy on the RAM and had a bit better interface, I might use it more (since it's the MOST tolerant of bad/incomplete video I know of). I think I may Helix, which is based on the core of RealPlayer (which is about all I really want :p)

JigPu
You've got to try Foobar2000 for music!!! I love it with the Plisk formatting string :) http://www.foobar2000.org

I use ATI TV, WMP, DivX, and powerDVD for video

Zoom Player here. It's just so customizable for power users! You can manually configure codec priorities for playback, manually choose how it will render the video and what technology (VMR7, VMR9, etc) is used, DVD frontend, skinnable, mouse and keyboard customization, etc etc etc. Gives me the power I need to completely tweak my media experience.

I just use mplayer for windows, it seems to be the most compatible out of everything that i've tried regardless of codec.

codecs blow :mad:

~ Gos

Winamp, good'ol winamp. So i can stay close of my drug... i mean MP3 list :)
Most probably not the best quality, but it does the job! As a sidenote, since it's always on anyway, why start another program while this one's running anyway...

Back