Extreme condensation

, ok i have achieved great temps cooling with my swimming pool
    see : would this be too EXTREME ... now i am getting alot of condensation , i am afraid it is gonna cost me a mobo or cpu or somthing.. any ideas ?

Unsulation? Sounds like a PITA. Better watch out, cuz like you say, things are gonna fry if you dont fix the problem.

E6600(8x400) - Infinity
    2x250 Perps RAID 0
    P5W DH Deluxe
    2GB GSkill HK
    8800GTX
    620HX

HEAT

you have to stop everything that gets cold from reaching the air. foam to wrap around the water lines, dielectric grease for the cpu socket, neoprene (air tight foam) for around the cpu, etc.

yes explain what you have
    Asus Maximus Extreme IV-Z
    i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 5.0GHz
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB
    SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6970
    Crucial M4 128GB III SSD
    HITACHI 750GB 7200RPM SATA
    Noctua NH-D14
    Corsair 650D

You could also probally do a system where you adjust how much "new" water from the pool gets added to your loop.
    Desktop:
    Q6600 G0@3Ghz,eVGA 8800gts,P5k Premium,2x2gb Kingston,120gig Agility 3,Seasonic S12-600HT
    Laptop:
    Toshiba M7(Tablet): T2300, 4gb ram, 160gb seagate
    My Heatware

my cooling is in a closed loop , i am just using the pool to cool my "rad" besides i can't adjust the flow on my pump

ell, you could seal the entire case, install a small rad inside the case (before the cpu), and deal with condensation that way. Or you could do as crimedog said (a far better idea).
    Heatware
    Orpheus
    Lian Li PC-7077A
    3200+ Venice running at stock 2Ghz.
    DFI UT Ultra-D
    2x512 OCZ EL Plat Rev 2
    MSI 6600GT
    OCZ 520W Powerstream PSU
    WD 80GB 7200RPM HD
    CNPS7000B-Cu LED with AS Céramique
    2x 17" 770TFT Samsung LCD Monitors

In that case, I gues thermally insulate part of the rad so it doesn't have so much poolwater surface area.
    Desktop:
    Q6600 G0@3Ghz,eVGA 8800gts,P5k Premium,2x2gb Kingston,120gig Agility 3,Seasonic S12-600HT
    Laptop:
    Toshiba M7(Tablet): T2300, 4gb ram, 160gb seagate
    My Heatware

how cold it the cpu getting to.
    unless it negative ya going to be ok min insulation

Underwater Senior Member
    I have a heatercore inside my case to stop condensation. It's in parallel with my cpu waterblock, but it's fed by a large pump on 1" ID tubing coming up from the big basement radiator...no flow problems in parallel.
    I'd recomend you place it in series after your waterblock if you're using 1/2" tube.

Drop the case air temp, and the condensation risk goes away. My Prescott and my case air are both around 17C in a 23C room.

My custom case is built like a fridge, but you may have to watch for condensation on the outside of it, especially around the IO plate.

Senior Crypto Caretaker

babyboosdaddy - stop, insulate, restart
    if you dont you may loose more than just the mobo or the cpu

Diggrr - WOW, pics ?
    by the way you get condensation on the outside of the box ? odd, small diff between room and case
    What is The Bitcoin? Want The Bitcoin?
    1ZL1ucArGfCFc9RRn7uch65or7UgR1sWW
    LZL1LnJXmWsntfjzwTHeLUQziL1hcmTPsj

Underwater Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZL1
    Diggrr - WOW, pics ?
    by the way you get condensation on the outside of the box ? odd, small diff between room and case
    Follow the "further" link in my sig for my case thread. It's insulated because I built it from foam core fiberglass panels.
    A steel case may not get much condensation because the air would be cooling the case metal from the inside, and the room air is warming it from the outside, thus the case metal itself would be somewhere in between. I just recommend watching the IO plate because of the electrical passing through.

The temp difference is plenty. It would only take 70% humidity for condensation to form, something we can see regularly here in Michigan, surrounded by lakes.
    Those temps are my mobo thermisters (acurate as lawn darts), but the waterblock top itself is colder still because the water is colder than cpu temp shows, like in any watercooling system.

Senior Crypto Caretaker

Quote Originally Posted by Diggrr
    Follow the "further" link in my sig for my case thread. It's insulated because I built it from foam core fiberglass panels.
    A steel case may not get much condensation because the air would be cooling the case metal from the inside, and the room air is warming it from the outside, thus the case metal itself would be somewhere in between. I just recommend watching the IO plate because of the electrical passing through.

The temp difference is plenty. It would only take 70% humidity for condensation to form, something we can see regularly here in Michigan, surrounded by lakes.
    Those temps are my mobo thermisters (acurate as lawn darts), but the waterblock top itself is colder still because the water is colder than cpu temp shows, like in any watercooling system.
    WOW, amazing build man !
    I myself always wanted to separate the hdds and opticals (for better airflow, for improved temps, for easier access, etc etc), but I was thinking vertical, have the psu/hdds/optis on top and a bottom compartment for mobo and cards

yep the dew point is 17deg with 70%@23, I was off for some reason, sorry

by the way you mentioned the fan blows chilled air into the case, how are you chilling the air ?

Thanks
    Dan
    What is The Bitcoin? Want The Bitcoin?
    1ZL1ucArGfCFc9RRn7uch65or7UgR1sWW
    LZL1LnJXmWsntfjzwTHeLUQziL1hcmTPsj