• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Budget Build up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Trent

Im thinking of doing a budget build up and giving my current system to my dad. I have a gig of mushkin v2 memory the low latency stuff, and I wanna re use my current 9800 pro simply because I dont play any games that make it lag. so therefore Im going the agp route and thinking about this motherboard:
Motherboard

and then go with a 3000+ win, I was wondering what kinda oc results I could expect ballpark, 2.2, 2.4, more?

I also wanted suggestions if you had any, keep in mind Im not buying a new video card because this is a budget upgrade, I Have a case, and all that good stuff. just need a new cpu and motherboard and am looking for something that can oc reasonably well and be stable

TIA

Last edited:
Its a good board. I would say that you should hit between 2.4-2.6GHz depending on memory & other factors. Get a good heatsink.

well This is the memory that I have currently, paid a lot less for it though...
memory

was planning on going with an xp90 I believe, unless something changes my mind.

You are on the right track and you should do fine with that combination. Depending on how long ago you got that ram, it could be BH5. (Now, it's tccd) I am concerned that if it is BH5 you won't have enough vdimm to take full advantage of it. You might want to consider a board that you'll be able to add a OCZ Booster to. (It won't work on the epox) Don't get me wrong, the Epox is a good board and a very good overclocker. At worst you can run a divider and keep the low latency timings. Good luck with it.

Last edited:
its newer memory, about a month old, I was figuring that I would need to run a divider, was hoping for 250 easy on a 4:5, but really shooting for around 280 or so.

I'm happy with my J. It's no problem rock solid 24/7 @ 9 x 280, 1:1. I think it's the best NF3 deal out there.

Back