• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Modding a Chevette Heater Core

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bobmanfoo

Disabled
i am getting a 86" chevette heater core tomorrow and was wondering how i would mod it to use 3/8" barbs, i tried to look for a guide but couldn't find one

i know the HC has two different size barbs so what size should the thread size on the new barbs be?

could i just screw the barbs into the barbs already on the HC? of course ill use the plumbing tape/wrap stuff

any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Your either gonig to have to solder or braze the barbs in. Seeing as there are no threads in the stock barbs and not enoguh metal to thread your own.

So cut the existing threads shorter and put your own threads on them :D

That's what I did...using a series of copper tubing and a fitting that sweat on to the copper tubing with the other end threaded so I could thread a barb onto it with a little plumbers tape.

so i just cut down the the chevette barbs and use JBweld to attach the new barbs? btw what size threads do i need for the 3/8" barbs, thanks for all the help guys

Back