Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Project Log Rules
03-30-05, 11:04 AM #1
Project Log Rules
We’ve decided to add a Project Logs section to our forums following in suit of our friends across the pond over at Bit-Tech some of our rules are direct derivatives of theirs copied with permission from Mr Haz. All are welcome and in fact encouraged to display their current projects or comment but there are a few rules specific to this forum which must be adhered to. Ignorance of these rules is no excuse.
This is a good place to show off your skills or provide feedback to the creators but spam is not tolerated.
If your project has that article worthy quality to it, you may be asked you to write it up as a full article for the Overclockers.com Front Page. Please take note that any articles so requested and accepted to be submitted by the creator will be deemed to be exclusive to Overclockers.com and shall not be reproduced elsewhere. (Personal web space excluded).
What qualifies as a project log:
It has to have pictures in order to be moved in here, it can't be a theoretical discussion of a mod it has to be a work in progress. Completed projects can also be placed here but we do ask that you at least post some build progress pictures, ideally a fully qualified project log would be best because you then receive the benefit of gaining ideas and thoughts on your project from other members. Be forewarned you may get a bit of criticism as well so please keep that in mind. If you are to post a fully complete project here we do ask that you write it up in the manner of a worklog, or go over the modding of it in detail so that others can fully understand and appreciate the work you have done. Project logs done for a completed case should attempt to look and read like a work in progress project log.
As moderators come across what qualifies as a project log we will try our best to move them over to this section. If you have a project log that fits the above mentioned criteria please feel free to PM a moderator and ask them to transfer your log over to this section, you may find quicker results if you PM the moderator of the Alternative Modding Section, currently that is SpeeDj.
Summary of Project Log Qualifiers:General guidelines:
- Work in progress
- Build pictures
- Build related content
What does not qualify as a project log:
- No pictures = no log in this section.
- Links to pictures and write up's on other sites. If you have problem with hosting pictures then check the end of this link for hosts.
- Project plans like "this is an idea I have". Dreamers/talkers are welcome to use other sections of the forum. This section is for solid work only.
- 'Joke' mods that aren't actual computer modding projects.
- Threads posted in the Project Logs, that do not qualify as project logs under these rules, will be moved to the appropriate section of the forum - usually Alternative Modding. When or if the thread later qualifies as a project log, notify an Admin or Moderator and it may be moved back, although a new thread is usually preferable.
- Pictures are a requirement but please remember not everyone is on broadband so keep them to 800 pix or less wide. (400 - 600 pix is preferred). Please bear in mind that our forums do limit image size to 640x640 pixels.
- If pictures turn to red x's for a significant period then the thread will be removed. If you are having hosting problems, there are plenty of folks who would be willing to help out on this forum, just ask. I have listed some free alternatives otherwise!
- Use project name as subject, if you don't have a name just do a short description. Since pictures are a requirement there is no need to include a warning for dial-up users *56K* etc. Although a warning for those of our members who are on 56K if your log is particularly picture heavy would be considered appropriate.
- This is a busy forum so to keep things easy for fellow forum members, project title including any notes and 'updated' tags should be kept to 60 characters in length. Anything longer will probably be edited by a moderator. If you require updates to your thread title such as date when last modified please PM a moderator to ask them to edit it appropriately.
- All posts must adhere to the Forum Rules. There is no bending on this rule and it follows common sense, most of the general populace already adheres to these rules.
- Please keep the discussion free from spam. Spam will be deleted without warning or prejudice to keep logs on topic as the log author intended. As it says in this post title "Must read before posting" so don't complain if your spam suddenly disappears.
- These rules are to help ensure everyone has a pleasurable time here and they may be changed without notice.
Please respect your fellow members, and post up constructive criticism.
Sincerely, SpeeDj - Forum Staff
Special thanks go to Mr Haz @ bit-tech.net for permission to use parts of their project log section rules. The rules I had written closely mimicked a lot of theirs so in order to avoid not appearing on the up and up I got permission from them. Please check out their project logs @ Bit-tech.net section of their forums to be amazed as well.
Last edited by SpeeDj; 03-30-05 at 11:20 AM.:: SpeeDj™®© :eek: :: Hiatus - hi·a·tus - n 1: an interruption in the intensity or amount of something 2: a missing piece :: Join our Team! :: [OCG] :: My Heatware :: Forum FAQ's & Guidelines
.: Seti @ Home Team BoD ... ET Phone Home ?
:: Learn to Overclock @ www.overclockers.com
.: I wear the pink ribbon in loving memory of my Aunt Cheryl : 1948 - 2004 | And for Nedclocker's Sharon : 1962 - 2003 |
:: Seti@Home :: SetiStats :: S@W
:: Folding@Home :: FoldingStats :: MoreStats
:: "Got Dual?" - Cyklopz
:: "Got Hosting?" :]
:: The wind whispers of change to come...
:: -- OCG : OverClockedGamerz "How fast can you frag?"
:: -- Home for the Overclockers.com Gaming Clans!