• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Visual Styles on Buttons/Windows - Resetting on Restart

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Know Nuttin

Hi,

I have a question and I cannot figure out why this is happening. In control panel -> system -> advanced -> Performance -> Settings, I have it set to best performance with nothing checked on.

What is weird is that if i reboot or do a cold boot, Windows will give me the visual styles back on the Windows and buttons. I can go back and check and the option will still be unchecked.

I've tried a different profile and it does not happen. I find this very strange though and it just started happening. Other settings do not change, only the visual styles on buttons.

Anyone with any ideas?

No, i've done that as well. It's very strange, just started out of the blue. Everything else doesn't change though. start menu is still classic without visual styles, icons aren't moved around, just the visual styles for windows and buttons.

control panel - display
In the tabs "themes" and "appearance", select both times "windows classic".

And for good measure disable the themes service

Back