• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best 120mm fanned case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aaaaaaaaaa

Rig in sig,
I have the heaviest case... I am looking to upgrade it,
I want it to have BTX space or w/e so I can put a future system in it.
I want it to have 120mm fans in it, some 92mm are fine but lots of airflow is important.
I would like it to be aluminum, it can have a removable mobo tray.
Front or top of case usb/firewire stuff would be nice.
It must look decent, not be too loud and have plenty of room inside.

Thermaltake has been ok so far,

What should I get buddies?

-Thanks a ton!

If you are planning to lan (I assume you are because of weight issues) then you can not get a removable mobo tray or btx. I doubt any "lannable" (yes i made that up) case has those options.

well i lan now and my case is 60+ lbs so anything less is ok

musawi, thats a nice case i might get it

thanks every1 for your replies

WOW... if you want a mid tower, Raidmax Scorpio-868 Midtower... only like 15lbs (mine is around 20 filled, and thats with a zalman 7000cu... it'll be like 22-25 lbs with my fortron thats in the postal process)... its mid tower, but with 7 possible case fans, you cant go wrong... premod with windows and stuff

sorry, forgot you wanted 120mms, this is all 80s

To tell you the truth i dont think it will matter if its a little lighter, why not just get the super lanboy, its a great case and has a 120 mm fan and its really light.

eh, under 200$ (excluding shipping) would be my budget

I really want 120mm fans, 80 and 90 are just too loud for me.

That thermaltake looked really nice, any1 own a good case that im describing?

-Thanks

i kinda like mine, it's pretty light as well, and very sexy. got a front and rear 120mm, and a side 90mm, got top USB/Audio/Firewire ports like most Tt cases.

I really feel the need to say this.
There is no point in buying a stacker or a knockoff of it if you plan on lanning.
I can not stress this anymore, get a nice mid tower case, the one that was really cheap on ebuyer had 4 80mm intakes and 2 80mm exaust, you can get a bunch of quiet 80s and it will add to a lot of airflow

The antec SLK3700AMB, cheap, lots of room, 2 120mm fan spots, and the front intake fan has good flow because it isn't blocked by those sideways hard drive cages. Isn't the best in the looks department but you can't beat it's price/performance.

it appears as though the intake fan for that antec will interupt where the HD's actually go, as in, you'd have to remove the HD rack to put a fan there, and maybe put the HD's up in the floppy bays. maybe i'm just looking at it wrong or something, but the info listed on newegg says it's only a 1x120mm case as well.

SLK3700AMB has 2 fan mounts, 1 fan included. Both mounts are 120mm.
The front fan sits in front of the removable HD cage. So yes you would have to move the cage to install a fan there. However in that position the front fan will also effectively cool your HD's as well as help bring cool air into the case.

AntecRep

Back