• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i'm so fed up with the 2.4A E0 Socket 478, need help here...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
so do you guys think the P4P800 delux will work? i can get it for around 120 bucks.

I would look at the p4p800-e deluxe, looks like a good board. I had zero issues going from a Northwood to a Prescott last year. 2.6 Northwood to 3.2 Prescott. It was one bios revision above the one I was running before the swap, flashed the bios and popped in the Prescott. Back when the 478 Prescott came out I remember the talk was some of the MB's couldn't take the Prescott's but Asus seemed to have that covered in spades, also notice they are still making investments in the 478, sans the 479 adapter to run the Pentium M which is pretty cool.

http://www.gamepc.com/labs/view_content.asp?id=770ct479&page=1&cookie_test=1

My P4P800 Deluxe has seen all chips so far including the E0 SL7PN stepping and has performed flawlessly.

R

ok, i'll go with the delux, it sounds like a nice board, problem is, the freaking ASUS website stated that my 2.4A require some sort of update bios to work, not sure if it's correct.

warlock110 said:
ok, i'll go with the delux, it sounds like a nice board, problem is, the freaking ASUS website stated that my 2.4A require some sort of update bios to work, not sure if it's correct.

Almost all of the Asus 478 boards needed a bios update to run the Pressy, its no big deal though..

curt123 said:
Almost all of the Asus 478 boards needed a bios update to run the Pressy, its no big deal though..

the big deal is that when you have the pressy and it doesn't boot since the bios doesn't regconize it, how are you gonna go around that? spent 70 bucks on a northwood celly?

BTW i got my new board,
http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=PT880_Neo-FSR&class=mb

kakka, the hell with intel chipset, i'm going via, this one cost me 70 bucks brand new, well worth it, it's got everything an intel chipset has and alot more for less lol. Oh yeah, and this one take my brand spanking new CPU too :) dual channel support as well as AGP/PCI lock, same as an intel chipset.

warlock110 said:
the big deal is that when you have the pressy and it doesn't boot since the bios doesn't regconize it, how are you gonna go around that? spent 70 bucks on a northwood celly?

I am pretty sure you can flash it at the Bios boot.

Anyways, I know that board, I built my dad a computer based on it and a 3.0 that I got a combo deal from outpost. Its ok, alot of the headers and ports are strange, couldnt use alot of the Antec Sonata connections and it was a sucky overclocker I tried the same 2.6 in the Asus and it wouldnt do half the OC with the same Memory- but for a stock setup its ok. The board was also flimsy=cheap. I will not buy third tier Motherboards for myself but for stock or near stock you won't see a difference but you do get what you pay for and considering they gave me that motherboard as the CPU and Motherboard were like $219 back when retail 3.0 northwoods were $230 makes you wonder..

Let us know how it goes.

BTW i got my new board,
http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=PT880_Neo-FSR&class=mb

kakka, the hell with intel chipset, i'm going via, this one cost me 70 bucks brand new, well worth it, it's got everything an intel chipset has and alot more for less lol. Oh yeah, and this one take my brand spanking new CPU too :) dual channel support as well as AGP/PCI lock, same as an intel chipset.

didn't really get what you were trying to say, but i'm possitve that when a board doesn't support a CPU there will be no sceen. I've tried 3 board, i know.

Back