• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Dremel- A quick easy question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RobBSA

Registered
I just bought my first Dremel a few hours ago. Model 7700 kit. It is cordless with 7500 and 15000 rpm. Big Question? The shaft runs a little bit out of round and vibrates a little too much for my liking. Is this normal for a Dremel or should I return it? I do want a cordless model. Thanks for your experienced knowledge.

Hmmm

I have an older, corded model, and it dosn't do that. I don't know if this is somehting strange about cordless models, but I know that mine isn't like that. You might consider returning it and getting another. If it vibrates, assume they're all like that and live with it. If it dosn't, you'r problem's solved.

Re: Hmmm

Boomerang said:
I have an older, corded model, and it dosn't do that. I don't know if this is somehting strange about cordless models, but I know that mine isn't like that. You might consider returning it and getting another. If it vibrates, assume they're all like that and live with it. If it dosn't, you'r problem's solved.

I would tend to agree, an unbalanced dremel is a dangerous dremel... I've seen how bad it can get with just an unbalanced bit... If it started out unbalanced, you are just asking for trouble. It's always worth a shot to take it back and exchange it just to be safe.

Quick! Go back and return it and get one with a cord that does 15,000 and 30,000. I bought that cordless one thinking, "wow, this will be great! Now I don't have to worry about finding an outlet and can mod anywhere I want!" This means that that little pos runs out of battery within 10 minutes, though, and the cutting ability is terrible. As for when you do get your corded one, if it vibrates and the shaft doesn't 'catch', just squeeze it nice and tight, it will catch and get up to speed. Maybe tightening the screws, but DEFINITELY GO EXCHANGE THAT CORDLESS!!

Back