• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 2003 SP1 is Out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I installed it earlier today - server seems to be running ok at the moment. The additional functionality is basically the same as XP SP2: pop-up blocker in IE, firewall, DEP and something new called SCW (Security Configuration Wizard) which is basically just a wizard driven version of 'Security Config & Analysis' MMC snap-in.

I installed it with no issues on my home server. The only thing I noticed off hand was the ICS (firewall) change. We'll see how it handles a domain controller later this week. I know its supposed to add a few changes to file sharing as well.

I noticed a nice new feature for new installed 2003 with sp1 slipstreamed. On first boot, it pops up a window that has a link for Win update and it locks your network connections so that is the only network connection that is allowed. We've had alot of systems at work that get infected with worms on the first boot, before win up is run. This should help. Other than that, haven't noticed anything new (currently only ran it on a VM to make sure it wouldn't kill my work puter)

Zoned :drool:

Back