• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is heat my problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NinjaZX6R

RAM Junkie
I've had 4 CPU's now. Three CBBID's and now my CBBFD. The user I bought it from stated that it did 2.5ghz on stock voltage. I am not able to approach 2.5ghz at any voltage. I have tried as high as 1.65v. I am using one of those Zalman CNPS7000AL-CU heatsinks. They work fine I guess, but aren't great by any means. Anyway...could heat be my problem? The DFI software reports 45-46c at full load. Idle is at 32-33c. This seems way low to me. In bios, idle temp reads 38c, which would lead me to believe that load temps are actually well over 50c.

-Collin-

make sure your HTT is set correctly. That might be the problem, dont let it sit on auto.

any time you get close to 50C, you start getting problems. Give up to 5C (or more) +/- your software reading as insurance. You could try reseating the HSF. You are using AS5 (or similar), right?

Ninja, what hsf are you using?.... i'm on a xp-90 and my temps in smartguardian don't get over 35°c.

He has a Zalman CNPS 7000ALCU.

Have you tried using a divider to eliminate memory from the equation?

Moto7451 said:
He has a Zalman CNPS 7000ALCU.

Have you tried using a divider to eliminate memory from the equation?

Yep. Tried every combination imaginable. I just don't know how accurate smart gaurdian is. If it is accurate, then I shouldn't have temps as an issue. Says full load is 45c. Hmmmm.

-Collin-

I think you make a fundamental mistake believing the temp readings from your boards. You are comparing apples and chickens. Every board is so different that comparing readings is meaningless. HouSERat, you believe your temps are that low but I don't believe it for 2 seconds. No cpu under load is that cool with a heatsink and fan. Readings are only good relative to your own board and that's all. Anything else is fantasy.

Back