• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about Venice cpu's...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stang8118

Are they only going to be socket 939? Or is there a chance it'll come on the 754 platform also?

If its not going to come out in the socket 754 does AMD have plans on releasing any new chips for it? Or is 754 pretty much as good as it gets?

the new mobile AMD 64s, the Turion, is coming out soon and will only be a 754 platform deal. they have ones that do 2.2ghz(??) at 35 watts. these are gonna be good ocers, and thats gonna be the new deal with 754

any clue when those new mobiles will be out? What speeds will they be, and about how much $$?? Or is that info not out yet?

s754 is dead, the 3700+ is the best one but it costs alot and wont touch the cheaper 3000 and 3200+ s939 venice. There is also moble cpus but arent officially supported in dekstop configurations

please ignore oc550, he is wrong.

turions (new mobiles) should be coming out with soon, with the venice cores. we don't know much about either core unfortuantly, you're just gonna have to wait and see. if you like speculation and bull**** then look up oc550's previous posts, he claims to know people and see results that don't exist.

Overclocker550 said:
s754 is dead, the 3700+ is the best one but it costs alot and wont touch the cheaper 3000 and 3200+ s939 venice. There is also moble cpus but arent officially supported in dekstop configurations

How is the 3700+ the best? Also could you define best? Its one of those words that doesn't mean anything.

The 3700+ is not the fastest, its not the cheapest, I fail to see how its the best.

I also don't see how anyone can call a product that has yet to hit the market the best. That is like saying that Mars is the best planet to live on. :rolleyes:

the 3700+ is the fastest s754 cpu there is, that is what I meant by the best, but id rather have a s939 venice that overclocks higher, dual channel, 90nm, sse3, all the works and much cheaper

This is why smart people go with AMD. You can't just look at speed as most people do. The reason why the AMD's are so much better then the fastest p4's is because AMD is built on a different structure. Instead of focusing on how fast it can process information the cpu recieves, AMD focuses on getting the cpu to do the most work per cycle which in the short long run beats out all intel. I recommend, before buying a cpu, to research the core more than anything and read reviews on what other experienced overclockers and computer people have to say about it.

That's my input :)

Overclocker550 said:
the 3700+ is the fastest s754 cpu there is, that is what I meant by the best, but id rather have a s939 venice that overclocks higher, dual channel, 90nm, sse3, all the works and much cheaper

once again you're comparing new technology to "old." we have yet to see pricing, overclockability, and performance. no, two ES venices convienently let out do not count.

the clawhammers do not have dual channel, no. luckily that only matters for a small percentage of performance. SSE3 does not matter, yet. 90nm process does not matter except for heat (it also means that increasing vcore GREATLY increases heat.) clawhammers have 1mb l2 cache. the performance gained from that will probably make up for the lack of dual channel memory. so where does that leave us? about even. and guess what? clawhammers overclock very well, if you know what you're doing. winchester (since it's current technology) doesn't come close to matching the DTR and mobile clawhammer overclocks.

turion is a clawhammer on 90nm process. it has SSE3. they brought the heat output down from 82w to 25w or 35w depending on the model. It runs on insanely low voltage. these are the signs of an overclocking champ. if either will overclock well is up to amd. the fact is no one knows. we will have to wait and see. anyone that claims a venice that isn't out yet will overclock better, be cheaper, and be better than a clawhammer should submit themselves to a reality check. while it's not outside the realm of possibility, he's blowing smoke plain and simple.

i'm not sure where he gets off posting all this stuff. i'm not sure why he's allowed to, because it's just guesses. in my eyes that's just lying. wait and see.

Ok i asked a simple question lol, and somehow it is turned into flaming other members and stuff.

Thanks all for the replies.

stang8118 said:
Ok i asked a simple question lol, and somehow it is turned into flaming other members and stuff.

Thanks all for the replies.

yes you did, sorry. just want to weed out the crap for you.

stang8118 said:
Are they only going to be socket 939? Or is there a chance it'll come on the 754 platform also?

If its not going to come out in the socket 754 does AMD have plans on releasing any new chips for it? Or is 754 pretty much as good as it gets?
venice is socket 939 only. amd will be releasing a new line of mobile processors in socket 754, code named turion or lancaster. these will be 90nm, SSE3, use very little power (25w and 35w models are in the works), and run on low voltages. True mobile chips that should give the p-m a run for it's money. right now the best chips for 754 are the DTR (desk top replacement) and mobile chips. the turions should be able to take them much further. there are two venice chips that we've seen, the 3500+ and the 3800+ . Both were mysteriously released by an amd employee to this guy. There has only been one turion chip tested, a 2800+ .

that's what we know. both should be released fairly soon, and we're anxious to see results.

Back