• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anybody has a XP-120 in a TJ06 case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

guillaume

Anybody has a XP-120 in a TJ06 case? (DFI Lanparty mobo)

It is unclear whether it fits or not du to the specific layout of this case. Anybody tried?

Last edited:
To clarify, he's asking about the SilverStone TJ06 case. For anybody interested, here's a review link with pictures below:

http://www.dansdata.com/tj06.htm

Even from looking at the article I can't really tell how this case is setup... seems like something I haven't seen before. You might try visiting www.thermalright.com and e-mailing their tech support to see if they could help answer your compatibility question. This also will depend on what motherboard you are using in the case, such as an MSI board with the HSF in the upper-left or a DFI LanParty NF4 with the HSF in the middle.

Does the Thermalright overhang the edge of your motherboard?
My Chaintech board sits very close to the floor of the TJ-06, so any overhang would be dicey.

I've never even tried running with the "windtunnel" thing installed*, so I can't say whether or not you'd run into clearance issues there.

*I replaced the supplied Silverstone fans right out of the box with higher flow 38mm deep Nidecs, so my plastic shroud lost it's mounting points immediately.

Uhh... the XP-120 works just fine on the DFI LanParty NF4 board. It does overhang the DIMM3&4 but it's possible to still take RAM in/out with it still mounted.

Back