• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Team Race Sign-Up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sir Barbarosa said:
:santa: :santa: :santa:
Sir B a nd cool blue are in the race just dont put me on same team as charlie

I was able to find Sir Barbarosa listed on the team but not cool blue. Am I just blind or is he crunching under a different name?

Just to confirm who I have so far.

1. Stryfe
2. heezer7
3. TC
4. Gemini
5. Charlie
6. telexen
7. ewl2
8. Praxis
9. sir_LOIN
10. rajausa
11. Steven4563
12. Vento1
13. Hammer
14. Brandon McDaniel
15. turner
16. eaglescouter
17. Mictlan and Dk Jedi Alliance
18. FloridaBear
19. hallen
20. Puffy
21. Morpheus
22. AQUAJOE
23. zulfy26
24. screaming eagle
25. skab
26. Sir Barbarosa
27. GT2000
28. Tyrinon

If you said you're in and you're not on the list, let me know. That should be eveyone though.
28 people :)

ewl2 said:
thats a nice looking list. Any idea when we plan to kick of this badboy race??

Well I'd said the deadline for signing up would be tomorrow(Sunday). I'll have to talk to heezer and see how the race page is coming. (I think if it's not done it almost is). If he's done with it already then all we have to do is make the teams. So let's say sometime between Sunday night and Tuesday? Just depends when we have a chance to set it up.

Stryfe said:
Just to confirm who I have so far.

1. Stryfe
2. heezer7
3. TC
4. Gemini
5. Charlie
6. telexen
7. ewl2
8. Praxis
9. sir_LOIN
10. rajausa
11. Steven4563
12. Vento1
13. Hammer
14. Brandon McDaniel
15. turner
16. eaglescouter
17. Mictlan and Dk Jedi Alliance
18. FloridaBear
19. hallen
20. Puffy
21. Morpheus
22. AQUAJOE
23. zulfy26
24. screaming eagle
25. skab
26. Sir Barbarosa
27. GT2000
28. Tyrinon

If you said you're in and you're not on the list, let me know. That should be eveyone though.
28 people :)

Looks good, but me(Charlie:~) and Gemini are the same account... Gemini(host) does all the work, but I'm still the boss... so, you can call our entry either Charlie or Gemini. :cool:

CRFIII said:
Looks good, but me(Charlie:~) and Gemini are the same account... Gemini(host) does all the work, but I'm still the boss... so, you can call our entry either Charlie or Gemini. :cool:

Okay, I updated my list. I just need the SETI usernames so I have you down as Charlie.

i just had an idea....

after we form the teams we ought to have a "test" day, since many members have different seti names than forums names. this way if somebodies credit doesn't come through it won't screw up the race

ewl2 said:
i just had an idea....

after we form the teams we ought to have a "test" day, since many members have different seti names than forums names. this way if somebodies credit doesn't come through it won't screw up the race

What we ended up doing was figuring out the teams and then testing it with yesterday's data.

I've been away skiing for two weeks and haven't seen this but I'm in the race of course. Please put me in a team !!!

The Wizard

The Wizard said:
I've been away skiing for two weeks and haven't seen this but I'm in the race of course. Please put me in a team !!!

I hope they will put you on Team C ; we need some help :bang head I do hope they let you in Wizard but the last day for sign-up was Sunday . Good luck :thup:

Hmm thats going to be a hard one. We designed the team to have about equal RAC and all. You produce so much I am not sure what to do. Stryfe was the one that made the teams and did all the calculations to make it as fair as possible. I am not sure what to tell ya. Lets see what Stryfe thinks... maybe of one team falls way behind we can add you or something.. I am not sure. :(

The Wizard said:

The Wizard
Hmmm, this could be difficult. I checked out Seti@Work and you're putting out about 2100cs/day. We can't just throw you on the team with the least credit since you would totally unbalance things. This is especially challenging because with berkely's xml files not showing stats properly right now, I have no way of knowing for sure which team has an advantage at this point in the race.
I'm going to talk to heezer next time I see him on MSN and see if the two of us can figure out a way to include you.

We could restart the race and use Seti@Work as the data source (it is by far the most accurate, and wouldn't create any extra load on the berkeley servers). Restarting may be an unpopular idea - just letting folks know I'm willing - especially since xml stats from berkeley are so messed up right now hehe :)

Enkidu said:
We could restart the race and use Seti@Work as the data source (it is by far the most accurate, and wouldn't create any extra load on the berkeley servers). Restarting may be an unpopular idea - just letting folks know I'm willing - especially since xml stats from berkeley are so messed up right now hehe :)

I agree 100%. Change the data source, rebalance the teams and restart the race. Team D is just too strong and a close race is more fun.

Harvey

I agree, Espacially as I'm one of those who has been really victimized by Berkley :(

we are only one day into it, might as well restart

If you guys restart the race, could you fit me in there too? I missed the boat on this one.

I see the forums have become quite lively, this is great.

Back