• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Team Race Sign-Up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'll check with heezer to see if he thinks he can setup SETI@work as the data source for the race. If we can do it then we can restart the race and add The Wizard, Katelin, and Cy.

heezer writes the pages in Visual Studio using ASP which I know little about. I know some Perl though so maybe I'll play around today and see if I can figure out how to parse the information from the SETI@work page.

I didn't even know until yesterday that SETI@work doesn't use the XML files. It'd deffinitely be worth restarting the race for more reliable, hourly updated stats.

If we were to restart but still use the XML files we would have to wait until the current issues straighten themselves out since there's no way to balance the teams. I know I for one am missing about 1000cs and eaglescouter is missing even more (I'm in 68 on the team and he's 69 and about to pass me because of this race).

I claim team-D the wiener by default :clap:

I agree with restarting the race, as the secret weapon will be here soon and then team D will really tronce you're all behinds :attn:

Stryfe said:
I know I for one am missing about 1000cs and eaglescouter is missing even more (I'm in 68 on the team and he's 69 and about to pass me because of this race).

Yep, prepare to step back one rank unless you put some gasoline in your 3 other crunchers, the 1700, K6 and 397mhz Pentium have not returned a valid work unit in a while.

;-)

Last edited:
eaglescouter said:
Yep, prepare to step back one rank unless you put some gasoline in your 3 other crunchers, the 1700, K6 and 397mhz Pentium have not returned a valid work unit in a while.

;-)

haha :)
The K6-3 is up and running again as of last night. The 397mhz Pentium is my girlfriend's laptop which I'm awaiting a replacement fan for and the 1700 is my parents machine which I've only had on while they're away on vacations.(Although I'm going to go upstairs right now and setup BOINC as a service ;) )

I'm working on how to use SETI@work as a data source for the race. If anyone knows how to either use Perl to download a html file from the web or how to setup anything else(like a batch job or something) to download the file to my machine once an hour please le tme know.

Stryfe said:
haha :)
The K6-3 is up and running again as of last night. The 397mhz Pentium is my girlfriend's laptop which I'm awaiting a replacement fan for and the 1700 is my parents machine which I've only had on while they're away on vacations.(Although I'm going to go upstairs right now and setup BOINC as a service ;) )

:eek: Looks like we have a race within the race!! :cool:

Although Aqua is gonna pass both of us in less than 20 days since he boosted production by over 1000 units per day :bang head

Last edited:
Why do we have to restart the race? I don't understand all the other stats pages are getting the same XML and there stuff is right but the race stats are messed up. Just go back and get the info from the XML files since the race started and fix it. Re-adjusting teams isn't fair. Now that people may have picked up more production and those WU's are wasted for race purposes?? Also For Instance my RAC is much higher then it was when race started do I get moved based on that or do you get moved or adjust by original RAC.

AQUAJOE said:
Why do we have to restart the race? I don't understand all the other stats pages are getting the same XML and there stuff is right but the race stats are messed up. Just go back and get the info from the XML files since the race started and fix it. Re-adjusting teams isn't fair. Now that people may have picked up more production and those WU's are wasted for race purposes?? Also For Instance my RAC is much higher then it was when race started do I get moved based on that or do you get moved or adjust by original RAC.

Agreed. Fix the source of the statistics, leave the teams alone.

AQUAJOE said:

That was my biggest thought and why I have not really said what I think. I know I have been working to up my productions and so have others. If we reset it it will be no more machines to push lol. as soon as the xml updates get fixed all the "missing" credit will be applied. Its not like it is gone. I have the total credit for each member on the day the race started ( and every day since then and for 75 days back, hehe) I said before and say again I am VERY AGAINST use the seti web page to parse out stats. I said that when i started the users page 2 months ago. Berkeley releases xml to lower the laod they have on their already struggling servers and I respect their wishes from everyone to use it. I will not even visit setiatwork because i am against their ways. IF there is a really big uproar I will figure out how to parse setiatwork's page for the newest numbers and work off that. I don't feel as hitting the server that is hitting berkeley up but I still don't really want to do it. It would end up being a hack into what i already have, but I will do it if every one really wants it, but it would takes days to write it all and test it to make sure it is producing good results (school is being a pain).

In conclusion, hehe, I say we stick it out a few days and let berkeley get their xml exports back in order. your credit is not lost... just waiting to appear

Back