• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Team Race Sign-Up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stryfe

This thread is for signing up for the team race heezer7 and I are putting together. If you want in simply say so in this thread.

Once we have a list of people who want to be included in the race they will be split into teams based on their current production.

The teams will be as even as possible. The idea is, the team who wins will be the team who is best able to increase their production from what it was when the race started.

We'll determine what amount of credit to race to once we know about what each team will produce. I think we should set the goal so that the race runs for 1-2 months that way changes peopole make to their production during the race will have time to show up (given the delay BOINC's credit system has). Anyone have any other suggestions for how long the race should go on?

heezer7 has agreed to write a stats page for the race so everyone will be able to check up on their team's standing on a daily basis just like they can their regular stats.

Personally I think this friendly competition between team members should be a lot of fun :)

The deadline for signing up will be next Sunday(April 9th). After that we'll start the race as soon as we have the teams picked and stats page setup(heezer is already working on it).

So once again, if you want in on the race just reply with "I'm in" or something similar.

**EDIT: If your SETI name doesn't match your forum name please give your SETI name when saying you're in.

Last edited:
I'm in I guess. Although I think this kind of thing is difficult to do because of pending WUs.

telexen said:
I'm in I guess. Although I think this kind of thing is difficult to do because of pending WUs.
It may end up being difficult. We're going to try our best to make this work though. If you have any suggestions they're more than welcome :)

Well, depending on how everyone wants to do it...Maybe tracking WUs, so that we know exactly what WUs were done during the alloted time, would work best. Then just wait for them all to finish and tally up the points to score

If there are more than few people participating though, then that would be a huge pain in the *** :)

TC said:
If it doesn't work we can just get drunk and party.
That is deffinitely the backup plan!

telexen said:
Well, depending on how everyone wants to do it...Maybe tracking WUs, so that we know exactly what WUs were done during the alloted time, would work best. Then just wait for them all to finish and tally up the points to score

If there are more than few people participating though, then that would be a huge pain in the *** :)
I'm hoping we can get 20+ people so as you said that might be a bit much. Plus we want some way to track our stats as we go since that's most of the fun of having a race.

I'm thinking we'll do the best job we can balancing production of the teams and then let the race run long enough so that changes people make to their 'farm' have enough time to show up in the stats.

There will be credit that was created during the race that isn't granted until after the race. However this isn't controlable by anyone and everyone has a fair chance of being affected by it so I think we may just have to accept that.

I am so in :) , i never got to particiapate in the classic races so I'm stoked for my first race

I don't think pending credit will be a prob with the timing of the race (2 month), it will only matter at the end, and make it more interesting

I'm in - I crunch as "Praxis"

Just a question on implementation, you said it is a race to see which team is "best able to increase their production from what it was when the race started."

For clarity - are you saying it is a race for increase in RAC? (IE: if my rac is 100 at the beginning, and 500 at the end, my team gets 400 points?) Or are you just saying this is a "total credit added during the race period" (IE if I have 50,000 points when we start, and 75,000 when we end, my team gets 25,000 points regardless of what the rac was).

I'm in either way - just seeking clarification :)

Enk

Enkidu said:
I'm in - I crunch as "Praxis"

Just a question on implementation, you said it is a race to see which team is "best able to increase their production from what it was when the race started."

For clarity - are you saying it is a race for increase in RAC? (IE: if my rac is 100 at the beginning, and 500 at the end, my team gets 400 points?) Or are you just saying this is a "total credit added during the race period" (IE if I have 50,000 points when we start, and 75,000 when we end, my team gets 25,000 points regardless of what the rac was).

I'm in either way - just seeking clarification :)

Enk

It will be the amouint of credit added basically. The teams will be made so the RAC and weekly average credit/day is as close to even as possible. Then the team that ends up with the most gained credit from teh beginning wins becuse they added the most machines or tweaked the esisting ones the most. The point is to overall end up being a higher producing team and having a little internal fight along the way :D

Back