• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MX1000.. is it better?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
it is amazing, we have em at school and they are amazing, must have, unless u ave a wireless mouse already (logitechs are the best tho)

I would have to say that the MX1000 doesn't beat out the MX510, unless you consider the wireless aspect. Once you apply some tweaks the MX510 really shines.

USB 500mhz(MX510 limited to 450mhz) patch
MW 9.80 drivers
Mouse_Fix.reg (disables mouse acceleration completely)
Weight removal

= Awesome pinpoint mouse.

Now if you wanted the MX1000 because it's wireless, then yeah get that, but don't think it'll do any better than the MX510 or MX518. Atleast nothing that you would be able to tell on a side by side comparison. I've read from a couple people who have had both and done the USB 500mhz patch that've said the MX510 then feels smoother than the MX1000.

Price on the MX510 is - $22 AR from amazon

shard said:
well size, and comfort is another big issue with many ppl, and hands down, the MX1000 pwns all in that feild

so i guess your hand is the mother of all hands and you can determine what is the most comfortable for everyone?

i really dont like the weight of wireless mice.

well i kinda did come accross rather stupid didnt i?

well from ALOT of ppl that i have talked to, most of them agree with me, that the mx1000 is the most comfortable mouse out there, so thats a bit more civil statement hopefully

i kinda do like that extra weight, it seems to me to have more precision, but that is just me

I bought the MX1000 about a month ago to replace my MX510 I was a little afrade going to a wireless mouse but I must say its the best mouse you can buy, I play alot of games like battlefield, Rome total war ect.... and dont have any lag. As for power I just charge it over night onces a week to keep it powered up but i have gone for 3 weeks with out charging it.

Bought my MX1000 after my MX700 battery started to go (still gets a good 3-4 days sitting off charger before it flashes (then about 20min of use before it dies).

Overall I love teh MX1000, bearly bearly ever have to charge it, and I've never ran it down to 1 bar on the meter. I should let it run down one of these times to get a good cycle out of it.

For some reason I've grown accoustomed to the heavier wieght of these mice. It doesn't feel like im tossing them around like the non wireless ones. Its quiet nice and I will never go back to wired again unless it dies all of a sudden. Now if they could make some nifty wireless keyboards that I like we'd be in business :)

well one thing that i have noticed with this mouse in the last couple of days, i just started playing CS again, and the wieght is in a posistion that it will pivot with your palm of your hand, making it awsome for twitch gamers, and precision gamers alike!

I honestly think half of it is psychological. I have used my normal generic optical mouse that I modded with a blue LED, and an MX1000, both extensively, and I have seen no real difference at all. I can perform just as well (or poorly) in games with either.

Some people experienced lag with MS Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer, but it's mostly due to bad reciever placement and weight of mouse. So I'd suggest placing reciever away from radiation sources and at least 20cm from mouse. WHen it goes about weight:
lightweight.jpg

Maybe it's got ghetto look, but it works. It mproved my fragging. The only problem is that I have to recharge accus more often, but it's no big deal. I just use 800mAh, got spare pair and fast charger (GP u-Smart).

If that's still not enough - just get MX1000 - it's better for sure. However I'm satisfied with my MS mouse. Just before getting it, check how it fits your hand. Personally I haven't played with MX1000, but Logitech "ergonomic" mices were usually too small for me. As you bought MS Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer, that means that you have pretty big palm and there's potential risk that MX1000 won't match it. Before buying, make sure that it fits you.

I believe he is talking about the standard thing of it taking a half second or so for the mouse movement to register with the computer. Some optical mice will do that, if placed too far away from the base station, if the batteries are low, or if something is obstructing the base station.

I do have a very big hand... that is the reason i went with the MS IntelliMouse Explorer v1... up to the MX1000 I have never felt a mouse built my logitech that even came close to fitting my hand. The MX1000 is a perfect fit ( almost the same as my MS mouse )

Back