• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MX1000.. is it better?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skidooosl

I was thinking of getting an MX1000 for my system. Currently i use a Microsoft Wireless Intelli Mouse Explorer. Would i notice the upgrade to an MX1000? Is Laser that much better? the Intelli Mouse has a hard time when trying to aim and do other things in games..... Just looking for some improvement.

well i own a MX1000, and you will see an ENOURMOUS difference between it and that mouse you currently have. and yes the laser is even FASTER then the MX510, and to my knowledge then the MX518, but the only thing i have an issue with is that its only 800dpi, where the razor and the MX518 are 1600dpi,

but i have also found that the MX1000 is by far mor comfortable then all the other mouses out there, mostly due that it has a much higher profile to fill you hand better, and make it more pleasent to use for extended periods of time

I also own the Mx1000 and love it. The only thing that takes some getting used to is the slight lag when you pick it up and set it back down.

since this is in the games section, i assume you do play some. i would stay away from the mx1000 for simple lag reasons during games. im sure it's great for everything else, but not gaming. try one the new razer mice or an mx510, or mx518 when they come out.

well, to be honest, i have experienced NO LAG, whatsoever with my mx1000, hell i would even go far as to say that i have experienced some pretty iffy performance from the mx510, mosty due to slower speed

For the MX series, its all numbers to me, I still love my MX310, VERY comfortable, DPI is a standard 600, but I dont need 1200dpi for a mouse -_-, some people say it actually helped there gaming .. I doubt that.

I would never get a wireless mouse for gaming agian. Simply because after hours of playing, in the middle of a match, it dies on you.

that is why the mx1000 is so nice, it does have a battery indicator right on the mouse, so you can keep an eye on it as you play, unlike the mx700, wich would spontanously die right in the middle of the game

Ive had mine off the charger for 2 weeks and its only down one bar. and according to the website once it dies, 10min of charging gives a full day of use.

shard said:
that is why the mx1000 is so nice, it does have a battery indicator right on the mouse, so you can keep an eye on it as you play, unlike the mx700, wich would spontanously die right in the middle of the game
whoa thats neat, i was telling myself, the mx1000 would have something like that

if u remember to put it in the cradle about once a week overnight, you'll never have a problem, light use u can get over a month

oh yeah, no lag..if you think there is some you havent tried it

the mx1000 is soooo comfortable i think about resting my hand on it even when i'm not on the computer :)

i had to rma my 1st one because the buttons started missing clicks after a while. i got a new one and it has better battery life and a different material on top so i think it was a revised version. i only get lag occasional if my receiver is far away but otherwise its a fantastic piece of kit

yeah, i killed my first MX1000, by spilling milk into the reciever, trust me, BAD IDEA! but i just returned it and got an new one, but this new one is even better then my old one, by far,

BTW, what is the model code on your mouse and reciever, blt111? i wonder how new mine is

BTW, what is the model code on your mouse and reciever, blt111? i wonder how new mine is

i'm on holiday in florida at the mo but i will check this weekend when i'm back in london

I don't know what you guys are talking about... Instantly dying?????

when the low battery light flashed on my mx700 it meant that I only had 2 days of charge left LOL...

well I actually sold my mx700 when I sold my desktop system because that kind of setup is just a little too crazy for a laptop.

now I got an mx510 and even without drivers it performes awsome... I do have drivers for it now but I diden't for awhile...

yeah, the MX1000 spanks the MX510 imo, but yeah all Logi mice are l337, hehe

no i have never had my MX1000 die on me, but i have killed it, (see above) and the battery indicator is REALY nice to have, so you can keep an eye on, and be able to tell how long your current battery is lasting, wich is another plus, becuase even these nifty Lithium Ion batteries can die, and at some point or another it will need replacing, but maybe not for about 10years, lol

Back