• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Creating a password reset disk

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gustav

I was changing my password today and found this link in the upper left hand corner under related tasks. This also explains how to do it. I think its neat, but my question is if you forget your password, how does this work; when do you put in the disk? Do you boot from it?

Ahh, thanks. I saw that it said you could find out by clicking on related topics, and I did but I still couldn't find it. I looked around some more and finally found it. Thanks. :)

When did Microsoft add this? Was it with SP2? I haven't noticed it before today. I just tried putting in the password wrong and it offered to reset it with the password reset disc even though it wasn't in the drive. I've typed my password wrong before and it hasn't offered it so I figure maybe this is a new feature they added.

Back