• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with motherboard- P4C800-E Dux!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woozy

Back in Feburary 22 I wake up and my computer screen saying Bad Boise Error check sum. So I pop in the Cd rom disk to flash bois. And It says Flashing bois. Then It says "Ok now shutoff your computer and restart". I get the same error again. I called Asus and tryed to RMA the board though them. I sent them the board to Asus to see if they can fix it. They send me the board back month later with the same problem. I was ready to pull out my hair. So I call newegg up get RMa number send it to them, They send me a new board they say. For some reason when i put the new motherboard in my system guess what I get Bad Bois all over again with different motherboard. Same model. So I'm at a lost i'm sending the newboard back ot asus for anotherboard they gunna send me out. My question could any of my other computer part A:/ drive, CD rom drive, or Hard drive be causing the problem?

could be bad memory. I had that issue though but eventually, it did fix itself after rebooting about 3 times with the same prompt, I just ended up leaving the CD in after rebooting and it fixed itself.

I did each stick 5 times by themselves, no luck gunna RMA this board go out buy one stick cheap 512 ram just to see.

well you had 3 board with the same problem, now you will get 4th and if you that one will do the same thing, I would think about checking other components

I got that error few times but it went away as fast as it came up.

Did you clear cmos after flashing? Some settings don't work until the cmos is cleared sometimes,

There was no flashing here, I was booting it up for first tiem with new board lol. I'm sending the board Back. NewEgg gunna send me a new one, I'm buying new cheap ram just incase justt try just motherboard CPU power supply and new ram alone. Then I will restart each time to see t I get regular start up. Each good boot gunna add each piece of hardware CD rom, then hard drive. If I get a bad boot I will figure it out. Most likely I think it is the ram.

its definately memory... this happened to me when I made my memory timings WAY too tight (2-2-2-5)... No POST, then when I rebooted, it gave me some "bad BIOS Checksum" crap, so i just flashed it... reboot, and same msg... flashed again, and then it posted

Well I figured it out. It was not the memory it was the CPU. So I bought cheap cpu and the boot up fine with ram. When I use the 3.2 CPU I get Bad Bois Error. So I RMA the CPU with intel they gunna send me out a new one. YAY!

Back