• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

You think Venice will be Prime stable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I guess the answer to the ORIGINAL question is...

WHO KNOWS!!! No one in the general public has a Venice yet let alone running Prime95 on it. :shrug: :)

I think one thing to hold is that we are not arguing UNIVERSAL standards here. If you are happy with a system that cannot pass prime and would say that its stable ON YOUR TERMS, than all this arguing is moot.

If others, like myself, feel that a program like prime is a must to achieve STABLE status, then such is so in OUR books.

No, lets fight about who's system is stable and who's isn't! LOL
Actually my rig is more stable than me, but that's not saying much. :)

HousERaT said:
I'm asking this question in case it hasn't been asked already......

Will the Venice cores suffer the same fate as the Winchesters? Will the Venice chips be Prime95 stable?

Who cares....

Seriously Prime95 is just one program, if thats all you run to test stability of your OC then you are a FOOL. I've seen my computer error out of many programs because of an unstable OC even though Prime95 has passed 12 or more hours without error.

Bugeyes: That's pretty much the point :) A stable computer should be able to run every program indefinately with no crashing or data corruption (program bugs ignored of course). If it can't run Prime95 indefinately then it's not stable. If it can't run 3DMark indefinately then it's not stable. Though if IE crashes all the time then it's probably just 'cos it's full of bugs :) And if it's not stable, then you're wasting your time and other people's time by running distributed computing apps (and returning potentially incorrect results).

I've generally found that memtest86 is good for finding memory problems (of course :) ), prime95 with smallest FFTs is good for finding CPU problems, ATITool is good for video vards, and 3DMark01 is good for giving the power supply and voltage regulators a good work-out. Though for my dually, the combination which sunk the voltage lines the most was PerfectDisk doing a defrag with 2 (low-priority) Prime95's and a copy of ATITool. YMMV.

Bugeyes said:
Who cares....

Seriously Prime95 is just one program, if thats all you run to test stability of your OC then you are a FOOL. I've seen my computer error out of many programs because of an unstable OC even though Prime95 has passed 12 or more hours without error.

Who said that's all we use for testing stability?

Back