• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Take a pick... (case)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bestmaxx

Last edited:
the first link the "the rest" is the same as the favorite. was there a fourth case?

zip 22.... look again... my favorite, and the first one on "the rest" are different models and prices.

im looking. the first link you have for your favorite is identical to the first one in the rest. they point to the exact same page, model number, and price. are there only 3 cases you're looking at?

EDIT: alright, none of those are really my style, but why dont you get your favorite?

Last edited:
zip22 said:
im looking. the first link you have for your favorite is identical to the first one in the rest. they point to the exact same page, model number, and price. are there only 3 cases you're looking at?

EDIT: alright, none of those are really my style, but why dont you get your favorite?
Actually they are slightly different. I'd go with your favorite as you will be the one looking at it all the time. :p However the sunbeam one is kinda cool.

These cases are somewhat oversized. Depth and height is way too large.

I would recommend to stay within 17" for depth and height. Plenty of room.

i'd go with the 4th link (V5000), it's much more my style than the others. I don't like super flashy cases (the Tt Dream I have is super sexy with a little blue CCFL casting a slight glow), but go with whatever will make you happy.

My criticism of your favorite and the 4th one i chose is the top mounted usb/firewire/audio. While it's definitely nifty to have those there (it's the same setup on the Tt Dream that I have), the connectors on the inside are a serious pain! I think they get in the way and, in general, are a nuisance. I'd rather have some front connectors that, if not used, can still be hidden with relative ease. The top connectors are really only useful if you have your rig sitting on the ground next to you. Which usually isn't the case with my rig, as it's up on the desk next to my dualie monitors where everyone can see it's sexiness.

That's my thoughts. Go with what will make you happy, though, as you'll be the one living with it!

Back