• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

death

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
With the death of a rig. There must be a proclaimed rebirth of said rig!

looking at this board.
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-152-024&depa=1
Havent had a matx in a long long time.

and this case or one along this line.
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-144-109&depa=1

and what the heck, maybe this video card for giggles.
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-145-080&depa=1

Pop in a fan on one of the sides. If it works out. Maybe build a small army of them. Stack them up in a corner. Give the fish something to look at other than my ugly arse.

psy

God what a mess. Newegg ran out of the above mentioned boards. Then I found Shuttle NA35N-Ultras in the refurb. Missed them there. I did manage to find them at fry's outpost.com. And theres are new and with overnight shiping for the same cost as that crapy fed-x newegg uses. Plus they said they will ship it tonight!!! Buy Buy Newscrew. :) Wish we had a Fry's in Tulsa. So I can only hope the xp1700 will have its rebirth on the 15th, online and working on a BP. Its a plain board and should do the job well.

rpwinters said:
I am running 3 of the AN35N-Ultras. I have my 2400 mobile at 10.5X210. They are good workhorse boards.

those are GREAT boards... i had one for a while, until a i accidently dropped a wrench in it while it was running (don't ask why i had it open to drop a wrench in it... i just did..)

I have two. I thought one was dead and it came back after I got a new one. They both can do 240+MHz FSB, but not stable enough for folding.

Im look forward to getting this board up and running. My ppd has taken a nose dive and i need to get back up.

Ive always liked shuttle boards. Used them quite abit in the old days. I prefered them over MSI and others in what I call 2nd tier. But I think MSI thinks there 1st tier now. << yeah right. It seemed to me once shuttle went to sff ie cubes. Ive not seen much,, well damn near nothing on the mainboards. I was pleased to find this one.

And let me tell you if Fry's outpost.com and airborne come thru with this deal today. You can pretty much kiss newegg good by. Its GREAT to beable to order up to 10 or 11 pm cst. And still get product out for overnight del. at shiping prices of 40% less and product prices close to neweggs. That would be overnight shipment. Newegg and fed-x see a opertunity to do major reemage when they see overnight.

TollhouseFrank said:
those are GREAT boards... i had one for a while, until a i accidently dropped a wrench in it while it was running (don't ask why i had it open to drop a wrench in it... i just did..)

OK why did the wrench jump out of hand frank to make love with the board?

This kinda sounds like the why did the fan leave psy's hand to clean blades off the fan type storys.

I'll start.

On this last build, the abit nf7-s v2. It was running setting on the desk. http://www.psyshack.com/abit.jpg.

I decieded to change out the exhaust fan just behind and above the Zalman cpu rig. Ive done this a thousand times. All the sudden last scew comes out and i drop the fan right into the fan on the zalman. Cleaned the blades right off my beloved zalman I had modded into that board. Not a big mod but I really wanted to use it on this build.

So rot with dispare and having the right side and left side brain fight :argue:
and a general big :( face I looked into my boxs of junk and found a sunon 92mm fan. One whiskey and coke later it was modded into the zalman and alls well again :). Fueled in the sprit of invention or whiskey awww both. Now its time to find a 92mm tornado and mod that into the zalman. With the removal of the fan frame Im sure it will put out some noise but work very well and not be as loud as say when used on a thermalright sink and do a wonderful job.

So frank: did droping the wrench on the board offer any insight into ideas spawned from the action? Any new mind altering drinks or chemicals to consume?

psy :)

Just got the new shuttle board. fry's and dhl rocks!!! 9:44am!!!! ordered lastnight. beat that newegg.... lolololololol

psy

well its here. I got it running. flashed the bios and the damn thing died. it booted, posted went into windows. i shut it down. cleared cmos. and nothing. Im about to think anything concerning this 1700 is jinxed. Well that was a waiste of money. Damn junk out of china!!!! the sob's

Sorry to hear PSY :(
You almost passed me in the stats until all your troubles started.

YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME NOW, HA HA!!!!! (not so subtle motivator :) )

Im going to go vist my daughters and then swing by tulsa and pickup a 754 board and a 2.8+. You will get passed. Ive concluded the 1700 has been to much of a problem and 2 boards have died its been on back to back. it shall leave the world as we know it and be replaced and scraficed to the hammer god. It will meet its maker from a framing hammer.

psy

Back