• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My case mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Boomerang

Registered
After looking around on several of the galleries on the web, and wandering around here for quite some time, I decided to try to do something eunique. I had heard the idea before, but I had never seen it done, so I did it. The door on my case is hinged to fold up like the doors on the Delorian, gull wing style. It is supported by a gas strut, and two very stiff cabinet door hinges. Attached are pics. Please, no comments on the paint. I started, then wandered off to bigger and better things, such as a water system :) . So, what do you think?

-=HN=- Wild9 said:
intresting, is that a lock at the bottom there?

Yup. Had to have a way to keep it shut. Without the lock, it hangs open about an inch and gets in the way.

hehe i shoul scan a pic or my 2 case mods i will ween im done you should see what i got i will keep you in the dark for now but you will See....HAHAHAHAHAHA

-ps-

going Mod Crasy :p

I like the fact that you placed the radiator on the top of the box on the outside. I've never seen that done. I bet it keeps your stuff REALLY cool :)

Oni said:
I like the fact that you placed the radiator on the top of the box on the outside. I've never seen that done. I bet it keeps your stuff REALLY cool :)
yes thats true its pretty cool :) good work

Very innovative! Gas strut and all! what a time saver. And it looks like you don't even need to disconnect the side cover fan!

A functional mod! The best kind around!

good, that lock keeps unwanted people out and the side of it shut! also, i like the server cases where if you open the side of the case the computer wont boot up .

Back