• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can a hard drive crash motherboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woozy

Ok just thinking of different ways my motherboard might have died. My main system died back in feburary I have been sending out my motherboard to asus and newegg. My motherboard done more traveling in the last month then I do in a year. I get this error, Bad Bois Check Sum error, then it look for Bois Cd and flashes the bois, then tells me ot restart and iget same error again. So I sent board ot newegg, the rmaed me a new one, I got the same error again. So rmaed this new board. I going to the computer store buy new ram and hard drive just to test thsi theory out. I know bad ram can do thsi but can bad hard drive? btw My system ran well for 5 months with out a problem then i wake up one morning and the computer is doing this problem.

A bad CPU and bad MB battery can do this also...never heard of a HDD causing that certain error though...

But also havent had a SATA drive go bad either as of this point of time...with sata...since the sats driver is in the BIOS...that possible could cause it...

Back