• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

77MHz OC!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vengance_01

Yes it does, you need a bios flash. Go to chaintech's website and follow instructions. Drop the HTT Multi to 3 leave your cpu multiplier at its stock, an up the FSB. If you have to try running 1 stick of memory of a divider

This is getting really annoying now. I have an Athlon 64 3200 newcastle core C0 with a chaintech ZNF3250GB and 1 gig of pc3700 ram and the max oc I can stably get is 77mhz? I know newcastles are bad but really can they be this bad?
My voltages are 1.5cpu 2.8mem and 1.8 chipset and i have the multi at 3 is there something I am doing wrong?

hainer36 said:
your first problem is that you have an amd...:D other than that, i dont know
That is a really helpfull post. Thanks for your time.

Anyway... What's the actual problem, what are you doing to OC? 77MHz OC MAX doesn't seem to make sense, even a C0 should do much better than that.
What are your temps? What PSU do you use, and what are your +5v and +12v rails on load? What settings have you tried that are failing you?
Have you try increasing vcore, or setting a memory divider? Have you tried relaxing timings? Setting memory to 2T command?
Much more info is required to help you out with your problem...

yes, we will need some more information to be able to help you. post up some more detailed specs so its easier to help you.

Ya really helped me hainer36 Ill just sell my amd rig cuz its caused me one problem and buy intel :eh?:
Anyway im overclocking useing the htt bus and ive droppped the mutliplier to 3 because its only a 1600mhz board. My temps are 52c load, the psu is a stock 350w but its rails are all good and all overvolted just slightly underload the vcore is 1.5 which should be enough shouldnt it? The memory is pc3700 so it should be good up to 466 right? and the memory is 344 2t

ok, set the multiplier to 5 or somin, and raise your htt up as high as possible to see how far your memory can go with resonable timings (2.5,3,3,7).

Once you have logged how high ur ram can go put the multiplier up to 9 or 10 and start raising the htt with the ldt set at 3x untill ur comp becomes unstable, up the vcore 0.025 and see if it helps with stability, if it doesnt up the vcore again and if that doesnt help then change the vcore back and lower your multi and try for a higher htt.

Ig u got some spare cash hanging around get urself a DFI UT 250gb, i went from 2.3ghz with my asus k8v to 2.6 with the 1:1 @ 260

Back