• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
jack222 said:
Very old RAM?

I don't think so. The computer had some ISA slots, I think they were ISA, might have been older than that even. In the ISA slots there was a HUGE card, the length of the whole case. It was called "SIMM-ply RAM". I loved that, I thought it was really funny. The card had many slots for SIMM memory on it. So this wouldn't be RAM.

Sometimes they sell ancient Intel processors on ebay. This definately doesn't look like a processor, but I have to admit I wouldn't mind selling this on there if it was worth a lot. That's why I'm curious to know what it is. :)

Thanks, I didn't type that number in when I looked on google.

It doesn't look like it's worth anything, and it's not very interesting either. :(

Oh well, Thanks anyway Jack222.

w00t, 286 era RAM with aluminum heatspreaders, Find a harris 286/25 and 30 pin SIMM mobo, sink her up, tweak the PSU to give 6V on the 5V lines, and see if she'll hit 40Mhz! Get her up to 50Mhz, and you might get a 386 software emulator to run doom 1!

Hi,
Sorry for this update, but i would want to know if someone have an EMS DOS driver for the SIMM-ply RAM ISA card. (mm.sys ?)
Thanx

Back