• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First DIY WC Complete

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bobmanfoo

Disabled
just completed and am very pleased with the results, this is a temporary setup for a few weeks then ill be modding the pump to eliminate the 90' bend

using mcw6000, mcw50, mcp350, dtek single 120mm HC w/ 120 Panaflo Medium 86CFM

idle is 25C and load is 36C for the cpu according to this dfi board, 2.65ghz 1.57v
idle is 30C and load is 47C for the gpu, 675/640 1.7v

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Looks good man. Where did you get that quick connect T from? I saw some similar items at Home Depot.

Also thats some serious cooling for the RAM I like it :D.

thanks, and thanks for all of the help i got around the forums as well

Ad Rock said:
Looks good man. Where did you get that quick connect T from? I saw some similar items at Home Depot.

Also thats some serious cooling for the RAM I like it .
lol, yeah i got it from home depot, it was either the white of gray, that 80mm panaflo pushes a good 40cfm and does a very good job cooling the ram and mobo components but i was thinking about replacing it with a 92mm denki.... BTW you leave your card vmodded all the time? notice how i cool that section of the video card with the 60mm fan, on the underside behind the fan are two big metal resistors(i think) at the edge of the card, they get mighty hot, i ended up epoxying some ramsinks on it and attached that fan, might want to look into it

Last edited:
Sneaky said:
is that swiftech hydrx? cause that stuff really glows! i've never seen it under UV lights before
yes it is, but it is really diluted, supposed to mix it with 1 liter but i mixed it in 1.5-2 liters, you think that glows? lol, i put UV leak detector in the water i was using before and it was about 3 times brighter than this stuff, but it stained my tubes so no more of that stuff

the outlet of the swifty waterblock is ment to be at the top, you have it at the bottom, id get that fixed if i were you

itchy5 said:
the outlet of the swifty waterblock is ment to be at the top, you have it at the bottom, id get that fixed if i were you
:) its recommend to be at the top for bleeding purposes only, i completely bled my loop before i installed it

this is what the block should look like installed, your doesnt, just trying to help :eh?:
ex-blc-86_2.jpg

itchy5 said:
this is what the block should look like installed, your doesnt, just trying to help :eh?:

i know you are trying to help and i appreciate it, but it can be installed in any way:

SWIFTECH MANUAL said:
In order to bleed correctly during the fill and bleed operations, and while the system is standing upright, the water-block discharge should always be at the highest point, as shown in case 1 and 2(up position). If your block installs as shown in case 1 and 2, then proceed with installation instructions in paragraph 3. If due to the socket orientation the water-block is oriented as shown in case 3 or 4(down position), such as frequently encountered in dual processor boards for example, then the water-block must be bled PRIOR to installation onto the socket: Simply set-up your cooling circuit first, and while filling it up with fluid, hold the water-block in your hand with the discharge pointing upwards so that all the air trapped into the block will escape. Then attach the water-block onto the socket.

bobmanfoo said:
yes it is, but it is really diluted, supposed to mix it with 1 liter but i mixed it in 1.5-2 liters, you think that glows? lol, i put UV leak detector in the water i was using before and it was about 3 times brighter than this stuff, but it stained my tubes so no more of that stuff
it glows really green... alot of the other stuff glows sorta yellowish from what i've seen

looks great. my mobo has the ram in that same position. actually one of my tubes was touching the heatspreader on the ram.

caught that and used an ide cable to prop the tube away from it. temp went down 1C

Last edited:
bobmanfoo said:
thanks, and thanks for all of the help i got around the forums as well

lol, yeah i got it from home depot, it was either the white of gray, that 80mm panaflo pushes a good 40cfm and does a very good job cooling the ram and mobo components but i was thinking about replacing it with a 92mm denki.... BTW you leave your card vmodded all the time? notice how i cool that section of the video card with the 60mm fan, on the underside behind the fan are two big metal resistors(i think) at the edge of the card, they get mighty hot, i ended up epoxying some ramsinks on it and attached that fan, might want to look into it

I have a 80mm TT smartfan sitting over my ram as well, makes me feel a lot better knowing I have more than enough airflow for the ram.

Also thanks for the tip on the resistors, when I get my sidedoor back on my case with its 120mm mounted I will sink those up for sure. Oh and I do leave my card V-modded all the time, it stays fairly cool when its not under load so I dont mind leaving the volts so high.

Back