• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3000+ cbbid not capable of 2ghz !?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nealric

Prelim results on my roomates 3000+ have been extremely discouraging :bang head

Right now, Im trying 9x220 (mem locked down at 200)- and barely getting into windows.
Tried it at a variety of voltages from 1.4 to 1.55- gets a little better at 1.55, but still fails prime in 10seconds.

I would think that even a bad ocer could do 2.0 at stock volts.

Mobo is a DFI landparty nforce4 ultra D with the latest modded bios (not the beta)

I am tempted to blame the psu- but I would think at stock volts the psu should not be an issue. Its a 430w ttgi- so its not total crap.

Anything else I might be overlooking :shrug:

EDIT: Oh yeah, and its running quite cool in the mid 30 range with an xp120, the rails are all stable at any voltage I have set, and besides the main system is only powering one hdd and one optical drive.

Last edited:
whats the amperage on the 12v rail? what kind of video card is it running? and most importantly, what kind of memory?

I had a horrific time OCing my 3000+ CBBID past 2.0ghz until I got new memory. even running with a divider my old corsair value select was NOT cutting it.

a few other questions... are the secondary floppy and 4-pin connectors for power inputs to the motherboard plugged in? and whats the week of the chip?

oh, and one final suggestion. with the DFI NF4 it gives even stablerer voltage if you use the 3/10 bios and set the vcore to 1.3 and instead raise the percentage increase to 123% above vcore or 126% above vcore for around 1.6 - 1.7v. I couldnt even get 2000 stable without this trick. also, please tell me you lowered your htt multiplier to 3x and set your ldt multiplier to 9x, cause if not, try that FIRST

Make sure you have 24-pin power supply and all 4 connectors plugged in. Might try the 3/10 bios if you're having problems also. And for the sake of troubleshooting and overclocking in general, turn OFF Cool'n'Quiet!!

Is your memory able to pass MemTest at those speeds? If he's using ValueRAM of any kind I wouldn't be surprised to see it crapping out at 220mhz. Run MemTest from the GENIE BIOS screen by ticking it to Enable and rebooting. Run a few passes to see if the RAM is buggin out.

LoL, I am the king of stupidity.

For some reason, I was thinking that setting the ram at 200mhz meant just that. The 200mhz setting just means 1/1 :rolleyes: I guess its no wonder that pc3200 was having trouble at 240mhz.

Well, on the upside, its at 2.35 and going higher :D

i dont understand why all the cbbid;s are bad, mine is suuuuper stable at 2580-2590 with 1.65 volts and its runnin a little on the hot side at 33 idle and 47-48 load. But it will pass any stablity test with ease. its a 0501

kukyfrope said:
And for the sake of troubleshooting and overclocking in general, turn OFF Cool'n'Quiet!!

uhm, i'm running 2.5Ghz with C'n'Q enabled. 100% stable, machine passed all tests, and has been running for 3 weeks no reboots or crashes. (it's win2k3 server, not XP krap :p )

running 2.4 at 1.45 real vcore
with tccd with bh-5 like timings:D
can hit 2.5 and 2.6 is not so stable.
2.5= 1.55 real vcore on a neo2 plat
2.6= 1.55 not so stable, 1.65 is okay, but that is a lot of vcore for a 90nm chip.
Given my cooling solution, I know it will be ok, but I would only run at 1.65 under water, b/c i saved for a while to buy this chip.
-kkat

chris64 said:
i dont understand why all the cbbid;s are bad, mine is suuuuper stable at 2580-2590 with 1.65 volts and its runnin a little on the hot side at 33 idle and 47-48 load. But it will pass any stablity test with ease. its a 0501

Yeah, and you've got a 3200+ CBBID. As a general rule of thumb, the 3200+'s OC well and the 3000+'s are hit or miss (more often miss). Seemed to be a lot of speedbinning on the 3000s but not the 3200s

Back