• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Favourite case lighting color?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What's your favourite case lighting color?

• Blue

Votes: 434 40.9%
  • Green

Votes: 93 8.8%
  • Red

Votes: 127 12.0%
  • Orange

Votes: 39 3.7%
  • Yellow

Votes: 4 0.4%
  • Purple

Votes: 31 2.9%
  • White

Votes: 86 8.1%
  • UV/reactive

Votes: 162 15.3%
  • Stealth lighting! (none)

Votes: 74 7.0%
  • Paisley maaaaan

Votes: 11 1.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted blue even though I don't have any windows (and thus no lights,) but I like the look of blue and purple in combination.
Green and orange can be pretty cool too, maybe a Green Goblin Mod ;)

man, now the only things that are silver in my case are the studs that hold the screws in place (for my window and front panel) and my fan grill... i painted my 'Z' and its backing red today... looks sweet

UV, the black light from the UV light, lights up all the hazardaous objects on my floor without actually providing any light that keeps me at night

I have 5 UV lights in my case

Dreamstalker said:
Try this for real red.
I missed that tip, thanks a ton for linking it.

So far I like white when used well. It seems to me that the color matters less than the implimentation. If the builder coordinates everything well, any color can llook great.

My only pet peeve (and I'm like this with cars as well) is when you can see the bulb or see definate hot spots from the bulb. I really like when the lighting is bright enough to see, but indistinctive enough to blend well. To me, lighting should be an accent to other design characteristics, not THE design.

i like my blue. its addicting, once you get like a blue led fan, like i did, then you cant get a different color, cause itll throw the scheme off. and then you have a red led on your mobo, so your forced to buy a set of cathodes to make the red light go away. its sooo frustrating. if i were to do it again, id probably go blue still.

I would like to see more color choices out there for other things however since I know I can find whatever I want, be it a fan controller (Vantec Nexus, Coolermaster Musketeer, Digidoc 5+), High CFM LED fans (TT SF LED Series) , etc. I know I can always find it in blue since it is so readily available. Not to mention it looks awesome in a Silver, Black, Blue color scheme. My second favorite is Red followed by UV

nice choice for a color scheme EC. my schemes blue case, black drives and blue lights. i love the way it looks. my second favorite choice for lighting would be green, cause most reds are orangey

Black case. Red .. proper red lighting. that is posiably the best looking IMO. I also like blue because it seems to high light all the insides of tha case and bring out the hardware to shine. But I still prefer the proper red glow from a case. Cant wait to get my neons :D

Firework red if anyones seen that colour looks awesome.

Edit:

Oh and UV green looks so awesome. If you want to give ur case a alien/mysterious type feel.

Nice, another Red on Black lover ^^

I only have one blue LED in my case, and thats because I was too lazy to buy UV Spraypaint (now I have to mod my mouse... get UV pens, and then stick a UV led in there ^^)

Blue is okay too, but its too bright for my likings...

Color schemes (top 4 for me)

Main color/secondary or highlight color

Black/Red

Silver/Black

Silver/Blue

Black/Green

man, im lovin the black:D

Blacks an awesome colour for computers IMO... Only problem is there is more cream/beighs colour moniters/keyboards/mouses then there is black so you have to be picky what colour variables you buy.

squasher said:
I vote white

So you just stuck a fluorescent tube in there huh? :D
Interestingly, very high voltage operation of the fluroscent tube can yeild UV emissions. So, basically you can tailor the color of light by tuning the voltage. A very cool experiment to try out!
http://members.misty.com/don/dschtech.html

I like Green and yes, Blue is a bit overused. My vote goes to Green!

I voted blue, not because i like it the most but its just because i am only aloud to buy stuff i don't need for my computer if its blue... that is my G/f's rule lol.... god i am whipped :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back