• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

couple of questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ColtIce

Disabled
I'm thinking of getting some flavor of UTT memory this week which in turn is going to force me to adjust my 3.3v rail on my psu.I've done this before on my aopen fsp400-60gn.With the psu I'm using now(antec true550) I would have to do the sense wire mod that I don't really feel like doing.
The only reason I even got the antec was I got a nvidia 6800 and my oldest son got a hand-me-down 9800 pro from me(lucky punk :) ) and I didn't think the psu he was using would be up to task for it.
now to my point and questions.I was thinking of swapping them.the 400 has 16amps on the 12v rail but what I'm wondering ,is it like the fsp530-60gna with 16 but 28amps peak?if that is the case then it should be plenty enough to power my rig right?the only things not listed in my sig are 2 pata HDD's,2 optical drives,2 silverstone 120mm fans ,and 2 12" uv lights.it ran my chaintech A64 rig fine the only difference was I had the 9800 instead of the 6800,no lights,and 6 smartcase fan 1's instead of the 2 120's.
I probally should just buy a new psu but I can't afford to do that and get the ram I want.so do you think this solution will hold me for a couple of months until I can get the psu that I want?

Back