• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Did I buy a good ram or did I get ram raided

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slotted

Ok I bought some Ram off a mate for peanuts ($100) so I couldn’t turn it down. I don’t really know much about ram it just looked good lol. My questions is, is it possible to overclock this ram and also I have enclosed a picture of my bios to assist in anyone that recommends any changes as always I thank you in advance for you help. :shrug:

MY RAM IS:

SAMSUNG :shrug:
2 x 1GB Unbuffered DIMMs DDR2-533 M378T2953BG0

ram.JPG

ram3.jpg

ram2.jpg

Last edited:
Is that an ECS board you are using? That is dirt cheap for that ram, so I think you did very well. Whether or not you can overclock it is up to your motherboard. All I can see is timing adjustments in there, no clock frequency adjustments. Are there any other screens such as frequency/voltage control? If there are, I am sure you can grab some more mhz out of that ram. Best of luck.

-Collin-

Yes it is....off to look in Bios (glad it was a bargain :) ) I Foresee a lot of problems with this board, it was good at the time to allow be to upgrade slowly ie ddr to ddr2 and AGP to PCI Ex, but I think now I have upgraded, the novelty has worn off, and its just a plain inflexible board :bang head

Back: Dam looks like im out of luck this is the only other thing i could find no mention of volts
bios4.jpg

The DRAM Frq gave me two options 400 or 533 it autos to 533

Last edited:
Sorry, a bit OT, but that picture of that monitor looks extremely fish-eyed...is it just the picture effect, or do all non-flat screens look like _That_, now?

It made me feel a bit strange looking at it -.- Not sure about DDR2, though.....

Is it just me or does the timings suck? Don´t know but that is maybee good timings on ddr2 :/.... If i where u I would oc the cpu so it worked at 1:1 divider instead!
What is the spd of that mem?

Best that I have ever seen for DDR-2 was 3,2,2,8 It doen't do low cas latencies well. Most ddr-2 runs at 4,2,2,8 or 4,3,3,8 so it really doesn't have the best cas latencies.

Back