• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I am crying.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jack222

Better

3-4 pins on my slightly over a month old Intel 3.2e got bent!!!! **** **** **** **** **** ***** **** *** *** ** *** ********* ******!!!!!!! Im not sure how it happend but it did! Right when i was goig to sell it. Am i able to RMA it?

:bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head

Last edited:
Can you not bend them back? I have done this many times and one needs must just take care and use a magnifying glass with tweezers.

R

I tried but not with tweezers.

If i can get a RMA, id rather do that. IS it in their warenty?

You can use the tip of a Mechanical Pencil to straighten them, just slide the pin inside the tip and slowly bend them back. This is unless they are bent at a sharp angle in which case you will be out of a CPU.

For slight bends a mechanical pencil works really good. For sharp bends a razor blade does wonders, expecially if all the pins are in line.

Still working....nothing is working great, i might get it though.

bent pins are NOT included in intels (or for that matter any other CPU manufacturers) warranty.

Try using pliers or a credit card to bend them back..its your only option.

If they break, you can try inserting the pin in the right hole and putting the CPU on top of it.

I just looked at it more closy, like 10-15 pins are reallyor slightly bent...dam....ill be back!

Jack, if you break off the pin and then manually insert it into the socket it will probebly work as it has for many people.
But if you are ,as you say, going to sell it then it might be a problem.

FIXED. I have spent the whole time trying to get it. I fixed a pin, another bent and so on. I almost had it, used a little forced and boom, it went in. Yippe!

jack222 said:
FIXED. I have spent the whole time trying to get it. I fixed a pin, another bent and so on. I almost had it, used a little forced and boom, it went in. Yippe!
meaning you BOOMed the pin and broke it, or BOOM then it bent back?
lol

10 bucks says a pin broke, and all of a sudden all your multis are unlocked! :-O

That would be sweet :)

It would. Im going to take it out and see what happend...i hope a pin didnt brek and just went into the hole and works.

Back