Thread: RPG PS2 style?

RPG PS2 style?

I'm looking for an RPG for PC but that isnt like WoW or baldur's gate etc. I am looking for something thats very similar to most PS2 games like Final Fantasy X or Star Ocean etc. Thanks
    P5Q mb, E8500, Powercolor 6950 2gb, 2x2gb ocz pc6400, 250 gb hd, antec 900, Asus 24", etc.

"Don't ask what you can do for your country,
    ask what your country can do for you" - Megadeth

For PC, my favorites have been Knights of the Old Republic 1 (and 2 if you enjoyed the 1st), and Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (but only if you can handle the bugs and dark themes).

Besides that, I'm looking for another new RPG too

Get some of the old FFs if you don't have them. They're worth a play through.

On a related note, I'm fustrated with the fact that there are no games like the FF series on X-Box. I'm a huge fan of the FF series, up until FFX because I have no PS2, but the RPGs on X-Box, though good (Fable, KOTOR), simply do not have the same feeling that FF offers.

It may be similar to the PC problem you have...

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo Baggins
    On a related note, I'm fustrated with the fact that there are no games like the FF series on X-Box. I'm a huge fan of the FF series, up until FFX because I have no PS2, but the RPGs on X-Box, though good (Fable, KOTOR), simply do not have the same feeling that FF offers.

I did hear of an RPG comming to Xbox that was turn based just like FF, I forget the name but it should be comming out soon I know it was slated for release around same time as Jade Empire unless it got canned. Id look it up on IGN but IM at work and they block that site but you can check in the previews section. As for PC I know Grandia2 was ported from Dreamcast to PC..I don't know about the translation but for Dreamcast it was good, one of my favorite games, good spells all the way through even the low level attacks arn't boring to watch.

Fold for Team 32!

My Heatware

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo Baggins

I totally agree with you, which is why when I modded my xbox, I put a psx emulator on it. So many good rpgs (grandia, FF, dragan warrior etc.) Unfortunately sony is the only company continuing that old school rpg battle system/gameplay with the ps2.

I assume you own the games on your emulator...

I didnt think there were many FF clones for xbox, but then again i never payed that much attention becuase i never reallly liked the FF series anyways
    Laptop: Dell Inspiron 9300 w 6800go and 1.2 gigs of ram
    Desktop: intel i7-3770, 16Gb Ram, Radeon 7970, 18.5 Tb HD space, Dell 3008 WFP 30"