• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9600np qustions read plz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thedude9804

Registered
hi

ok i have an 9600np ati video card i want to know what can i get from this card..i want to get as much as i can safely from this card as i have no money to buy a new one...
like i said its only a 9600np card with just the stock heat sink on it...

i heard that i could flash the bio's but how risky is that? and what can i get from that? (clock speeds etc.)
also i heard good things about omaga drivers..but how good are they really??
and as for overclocking how far could i go safely??
is there any other things i can do to make my card better??
my clock speeds at stock are 202mem and 324engine..which on ati's site says it should be 400mem and 325engine
as showin here .
i contaced ati about it but that was like 1 month ago and they havent got back to me :shrug:
oh and one more thing when i play america's army i allways get a genaral protaction falut any idea why im getting this every time i play?
i have uninstalled the drivers and used ati clean up tool thingy and still have the same problem...
and for future referants what card would be a good upgrade...looking to spend 200 or less...(oh and i live in canada) i payed 200 and something last yr for the 9600np..(i think i got riped off)

anyways sorry for babbleing on any and all help would be awsome...

ocforums rock keep up the good work hoorah

You are at stock. ATi doesn't show the DDR rate for memory like nVidia does so your 202 is actually 404. think of it like the FSB 200 is actually 400 rated Ram if that helps. My 9500np softmods to a 9700 and i run at 330/310 24/7 and have run higher for benches and stuff like.....360/320 or something but thats it. Get ATiTool and play with that. The memory chips make a difference too. Good luck and just go slow. Do only the core until it's not stable or locks up and subtract 5 or 10 and remember that, then do the same for memory. After that you can start trying combinations to see whats best.

so can anyone anwser the other qustions?

edit**
i heard the 9600non pro is locked :shrug: why??
how can i unlock it?
is that safe too?

Back