• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocking a sempron 3100 with a dfi 250gb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

leo5111

i have a sempron 3100 and a dfi lanparty 250 with geil pc4000 ram and a forton 530 psu max stable over clock so far has been at 9 times 255 which is 2295.mhz any higher and its stable for a minute then locks up.anyhone have any idea what it could be limiting my overclock?? i have heard alot of people are getting 2.5-2.6 from this chip :confused: its not heat related runs like 38 C my ram timings are 3,5,5,8..any help much appreciated

IrishAssassin ..temps are like 38 degrees celcious, deathstar13, soif i lower multi to 3 or 4 i can go up to somewhere around 280 htt??

if you lower the multi to 4x, you can get 250 and be within the limits, if you lower it to 3x, then you can go to 333 without issues on the hyper transport speed. and for your rams sake, when you push it to over 260, run it with a divider, so its not stressed. theres nothing wrong with running your ram 300 with a 166 divider. itll give you the full ddr500 speeds and you can run it at 2.5-4-4-7, cause if it cant, you can send it back to geil cause it wont run at its stated timings.

i lowered my ldt multi to 3 im stable at 9 by 260 but not 9 by 265 and the ram is 166 instead of stock 200 on a divider i tried raising the vcore on the cpu to 1.6 it gets a little more stable but not totaly in the dfi bios 113% over stock is 1.6 volts then it jumps to 123% overstock which is proably like 1.7+ so i cant go any higher and the memory is only doing 218 at 2.9 volts at 9 by 265 so i dont know what is stopping it

ok found out changed the divider on my ram to make it 150 instead of starting at 200 went to 9 by 270 ran super pi did a 1 meg test took 32.milaseconds went 275 by 9 reboot city but i was still on stock cpu vcore :p my ram is running 2.5 4 4 7 maybe i should loosen the timings?? when i had it at 166 ram ratio it was running 218 mhz at 9 by 265 now with 150 ram settings its at 202.mhz at 9 by 270 i will try raising the vcore tomorrow

2430@at stock vcore is killer.
mine mabey do 2.3 i think stock
your issue dont sound like its the ram but vcore as you mentioned.

also while maxing that cpu out put the ram on the 100 devider so its not an issue in screwing with finding your cpu's max mhz and then try and match the ram up better to fit what your cpu does.

basically you isolate the part your ocing find its max oc then raise everything else up to its max and see if everything gets along ok.

yes but i had to set the ram down to 150 instead of 200 before it would do it

yeh crank it up! take your time but i see no reason why 2.6ghz 24/7 isnt possible for you.

once you do tho try this out:
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=341296

im getting some amazing results so far.
my 2800+ sempron 754 is doing 2513 mhz @1.48vcore actual. and my voltage is going down still.
an ocers job is never done :) we beat one part of a cpu then find another thing to work on.

Now, which 3100+ do you have? Is it a 90nm or 130nm (winchester or newcastle)? I don't think there is much overclockability difference between the cores from what I have seen. Maybe winchesters do a little more.

hes got the 130nm one, i talked to him last night. temps for him arent an issue either, as he has watercooling. and the 90nm isnt a winny, its a palermo, which is more similar to venice cause its E2 and venice is E3. both of these chips do really wel, but the 90nm do better at lower voltage compared to the its older 130nm brother Paris

The palermo core IS a winchester core with just cache disabled. It is not any more similar to a venice than a winchester is.

I have noticed that you need to add volts to newcastle to overclock, but they do about the same once you do this.

Back