• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which PSU to get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

elva lover

Which of the following PSUs would you guys recommend? (one in terms of best performance/reliability to run my system and one in terms of best deal but would still run my system stable/ocable)

Enermax EG-365P-VE 350 - $45 CDN
Antec TruePower True430 - $65 CDN
Antec TruePower True330 - $40 CDN
Thermaltake PurePower 420 - $45 CDN

i'm looking to spend $50 CDN. but if the antec True430 is really that much better than the rest i guess i can fork out th extra cash

It would be to run the following system (i plan to OC it):
P4 2.4C
2 x 512 DDR400
IC-7
74gb Raptor
9800pro 128mb
17" CRT
2 x optical drives (DVD Writer, DVD rom)
floppy drive
card reader
mouse
keyboard
2 x 120mm case fans w/ LEDs
CCFL light (i tihnk it's ccfl?)
wireless nic

would the 330-350W PSUs be enough power for my system?
also, i heard TT PSUs had an annoying clicking sound.. not sure if this is true?

Last edited:
If I were you I'd get me a Sparkle 60THN 400W. It's available at www.vibecomputers.com for only $56cdn. A very solid psu. Not even those psu you listed will ever come close to its solidity.........You want proof. MrCooper will show you :santa: :santa: :santa:

yeah definetly. Mr. Cooper is right. Either that or the Antec. I don't like Enermax I had one arrive DOA. Thermaltake is okay, but not that high in my book

i have an enermax 300w powering my 900mhz system. (old psu died so i just got any) the system always had problems anyway so no idea if it's really that good... i've never tried tt... my cousin has an antec350 that came with the case but i never asked if their system had any problems

I agree with dicecca112 there, The antec 430W is also beefy. But then again. Sparkle/Fortron is not liable if your system will tend to function much smoother than the competition. :)

Back