• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WoW bit of help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dtc

well im going to buy WoW today and i was just wondering what race/class would be the best for a beginner to get fast lvls on and pick up how the game works .

ive been on the official WoW site and they just tell u what each race and class do i just want to know whats the best to make as a begginer that will still be good at higher lvl :)

if anyone has any links that recommend what to pick plz post or just post ur opinion which is the best :).

dtc said:
well im going to buy WoW today and i was just wondering what race/class would be the best for a beginner to get fast lvls on and pick up how the game works .

I'm a beginner myself. As for which race/class to choose, that would be a personal preference. They all are supposed to be balanced about the same, although I haven't tried them all. If you plan to eventually play with the OC'ers around here you would want to choose the horde, something I plan to do soon myself. I don't think one race/class is going to get you levels increrased any faster than the rest. Right now I'm at 20, but 1-15 went pretty fast, but now advancement seems to have slowed down, but I'm fine with that.

id say rogue is the strongest and fastest lvling class to 60, but at 60 i hear they are kinda gimped...not really sure though :p

Warriors, mages and priests are usually in high demand ofr groups....druids are a good hybrid class but are prolly one the hardest to play the best :p

HA!.. Cornbread, I've had the game over a month and just hit 20. I am just a slug when it comes to leveling. But I don't get on much accept a little afterwork and on weekends and I solo a lot.

dtc, I hear rouges level really fast and possibly hunters and priests. A priest would be popular for grouping.

if ur only worried about leveling fast.........do not pick a priest......if u want 2 be invited 2 parties and always feel needed be a priest..........

Nick59007 said:
if ur only worried about leveling fast.........do not pick a priest......if u want 2 be invited 2 parties and always feel needed be a priest..........

thanks for the correction, I wasn't sure about priests leveling ability

El-Scotto said:
id say rogue is the strongest and fastest lvling class to 60, but at 60 i hear they are kinda gimped...not really sure though :p

Warriors, mages and priests are usually in high demand ofr groups....druids are a good hybrid class but are prolly one the hardest to play the best :p

Nah, not really that gimped IMO. They just lose their edge that they had earlier on since other classes come into their own and have ways of getting around the most commonly used rogue PVP tactics. If you want to be really successful later on in PVP, you have to think on your feet, and use all the nasty little tricks.

Redstone said:
HA!.. Cornbread, I've had the game over a month and just hit 20. I am just a slug when it comes to leveling. But I don't get on much accept a little afterwork and on weekends and I solo a lot.

I've been playing it hours on end...to much actually. Good thing I have a understanding girlfriend, she's cool about this stuff.

By the way I started out with a Rogue and "personally" I didn't like him much, I'm now using A Night Elf/Hunter as my main character, he seems to fit me just right.

My only problem is gold, for some reason it's hard for me to get a lot of it or I upgrade my character to fast one. :shrug:

I play WoW about 12hours a day. Your class is really going to depend on you. What do you like to do? DPS? Heal? Support? Ill give a quick run down of classes off the top of my head.

Rogue- Most amount of DPS over a longer period of time. I would say this is the fastest class to lvl. You do not have to wait for mana and if you are well invested in bandages goes quite fast when grinding for kills.

Mage-most amount of DPS over a short period of time. Tons of DMG, but as soon as your out of mana, you do nothing.

Hunter- Good solo class and probably the most popular class. You get a pet and your pet is going to depend on what kind you get. You can get a pet for DPS or tanking for example. You exceed in long range combat with bows and guns. You also get to set traps. In most cases your the "puller" in parties.

Warlock-Another good solo class. Kinda like a hunter, but more mage like. You get to summon demons who help you fight. Master of DoT(damage over Time and debuffs) *I think this is one of the most fun classes*

Priest-Healer! all out healer. Low dps. weak armor. Strong healing. This is my main. Either you like healing or you dont. I do

Druid-hybrid class. You can heal, tank, dps. Going to depend on how you set your character up.

Paladin-Hybrid again. Healer/tank type. Again you can excel in either or both, depending on how you set yourself up. Arguably the *best* dueling class. Only Alliance

Shaman-Kinda like the hordes version of a Pally, but you use magic. Im not too familiar with this class, but a lot of people say it the single most strongest class. Horde only.

Warrior- Tank! You sit up infront and take all the hits while every heals you or kills the mob. Low DPS and A lot of armor.

WoW really allows you to tailor you class to how you want to play. Just cause your a Priest doesnt mean you cant do and decent dmg and the same goes for any class.

hope this helps

--pak

pak said:
Paladin-Hybrid again. Healer/tank type. Again you can excel in either or both, depending on how you set yourself up. Arguably the *best* dueling class. Only Alliance

Shaman-Kinda like the hordes version of a Pally, but you use magic. Im not too familiar with this class, but a lot of people say it the single most strongest class. Horde only.

Warrior- Tank! You sit up infront and take all the hits while every heals you or kills the mob. Low DPS and A lot of armor.

I agree for the most part, except for these few. There's no one class that's the BEST at dueling. It all depends on how intellegently you play your class. I play a lvl 58 shaman on Illidan. I've found that we excell against almost any class 1v1 because we're more well rounded than others... so, Pally's being the "best at dueling" is probably not so true... maybe against fellow alliance players, but 1v1 against a smart shaman, a paladin will usually lose. Shamans can usually dish out much higher dps than a paladin can, along with interrupting the pally's healing, they usually end up wasting all their mana shielding themselves and healing.

Warriors can also do a pretty big amount of damage when they want to. If they're specced for arms, they can dish out some scary burst damage, making them pretty viable in PVP at higher levels... especially in group PVP, since many tend to write off the warrior as a threat...

wow . i bought the game came back and no one had replied so i made a orc warrior since they looked good :p i got kinda side tracked playing and forgot about this thread :cool: . thanks for the info. anything i should be thinking about with my orc warrior ( level 6 atm )

Nope, just keep goin. Keep a good 1h and shield along with a decent 2h weapon for PVP when you get a little higher. Some of the best weapons in the game are 2-handers... Arcanite Reaper comes to mind... *drool*

ive got a broad axe still. i need to find my way around so i can get a good weapon store thing . anywhere with a guide to the maps :shrug:

dtc said:
wow . i bought the game came back and no one had replied so i made a orc warrior since they looked good :p i got kinda side tracked playing and forgot about this thread :cool: . thanks for the info. anything i should be thinking about with my orc warrior ( level 6 atm )

Darn, and I was going to pimp Shaman.

They have killer all around skills. You can be an effective healer, decent tank/DPS and a decent caster. Mix them all togather and you are also nice a PvP. PLUS, you get a 40% speed increase at 20 with ghost wolf. I love Shaman, I can go so many different ways with spec'ing and still be a valuable healer if all else fails.

Quite nice considering DPS is pretty darn sweet and also the slow spells.

Tons of stuff you can do with a Shamie!

OC Noob said:
Darn, and I was going to pimp Shaman.

They have killer all around skills. You can be an effective healer, decent tank/DPS and a decent caster. Mix them all togather and you are also nice a PvP. PLUS, you get a 40% speed increase at 20 with ghost wolf. I love Shaman, I can go so many different ways with spec'ing and still be a valuable healer if all else fails.

Quite nice considering DPS is pretty darn sweet and also the slow spells.

Tons of stuff you can do with a Shamie!

u have that in english :p . my friend linked me to some vid of someone on pvp with a shamen looked fun but since ive already leveled some i dont think its worth going back now :shrug:

iv got a 60 rogue and a 30 preist in my opinion rogues are the best for solo but my preist is just awsome at higher lvls 40+ it lvls so much faster then any other class cuas there in the highest demand, at least on my server (thunderlord), you will get in a group for whatever you want almost whenever you want and at lower lvls then other classes. They also are decent at solo becuase the damage isnt bad and you have fear and such. If you want to gank people alot and **** them off make a rogue stealth makes the perfect gank or getaway if your in trouble. It is uncountable how many times vanish saved me. As for shamens.....at lower lvls i really hated them but at 60 they are really easy to kill i have no trouble at all unless they frost shock me and run away there as good as dead.

i've got a level 49 wizard. She does more damage than most of the admins on the server! if you want pure damage potential, go with one! YOU CAN'T LOSE!!!

IF you want a tank, go with a warrior.

If you want to use skills, go with Druid or Rogue

If you want a mix, Paladin, Priest, and Warlock are good.

Back